Military members probably know better

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 01:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Military members probably know better

Military members probably know better

Watch Fast and Furious 6 Online But I think there's a sense of goodness to – I don't want to overstate it either – but the movie's just very kind. And that's what I liked about both of these. It's very simple in a way and it has a very good heart. And it is so much fun to do a kind of villainous, but comedic character within that. The Way, Way Back, the guy is a jerk. He's somebody who, in my opinion, somebody who might, himself, had a trying childhood. I liken him to a coach. I had coaches like him growing up who were very hard on the kids in the name of building character, but it could have the opposite effect on kids. So I think both are identifiable, but for different reasons, and I think, different results. How did you find the voice for Gru in the first film, and how did it help you build the character in returning to do that voice again for the film?

Watch Monsters University Online And really, isn't that the best result for a plane named after The Rock anyway? The former wrestling star has carved out for himself a truly remarkable career over the last decade, establishing his reputation as a star who can be tough and brawny, but who is almost always fighting on the side of what's right. This year he's done it over and over again, flinging himself into trouble to save his son in Snitch, helping unite a team of abandoned soldiers in G.I. Joe, and helping clear the names of a bunch of outsider criminals-- and bringing down an even worse crook in the process-- in Fast and Furious 6.

Watch The Way Way Back Online Even in Pain & Gain, the movie in which he plays a coke-snorting kidnapper, The Rock is the guy with the purest heart of them all, trying to straighten up and fly right, get right with God and do a favor for his buddies. You know he's the kind of guy who would be pulling kittens down from trees and volunteering with the homeless if he had just found better friends, and that knowledge comes almost entirely from the Rock's star persona. He's a guy you're going to root for even when he's doing awful stuff. That's an incredibly powerful thing, and something The Rock has been able to take advantage of over and over again on his way to becoming a gigantic star.

Watch Now You See Me Online We just started playing around with different voices that first session of the first movie. Didn't really know what he would sound like. Actually the look of the character changed quite a bit from the very first picture, the very first illustration that I saw. He originally was much more angular looking and sort of darker, more menacing looking than he ended up being. So I wanted the voice to match that, to be vaguely menacing, but also kind of approachable in a strange way and funny. And that's definitely the voice that made everybody laugh. That's the voice that made my kids laugh the most. When I went home and I said, 'What do you think of this guy?' They were like, 'That's it, Dad.” And no matter what I said, they laughed at almost everything. “Who wants pancakes? I'm going to make pancakes now.” And they just were, like, “More, more, more.” So that was a good sign it was on to something. And the animators too, they're so good at layering in all these – I saw the movie for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I mean I don't know how you felt, but animation now, it's like you're watching real, living, breathing people. Even though they're from a parallel universe, they might not look exactly like human beings, you really get the sense that they're alive. And it's kind of remarkable, I think.

Even if military members probably know better than to buy into the crazy plot of White House Down, there's still a ton to enjoy in there, from Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum's ridiculous chemistry to the gonzo silliness of a car chase on the White House lawn. Since no one seems to be at all interested in seeing The Lone Ranger, why not give weird underdog White House Down a try? Here's what I, a person with pretty much no knowledge about the military, have been able to figure out. The AMC on the tail stands for "Air Mobility Command," which is a Major Command of the United States Air Force that provides pretty much everything you can imagine from highly specialized pilots and planes-- evacuations, aerial refueling for fighter jets, even emergency medical services. They don't command actual combat planes, so The Rock (the plane) isn't going to be flying into battle any time soon-- just doing all the heavy lifting to make sure that combat and everything else is actually possible.We're pretty psyched around here about what a fantastic year The Rock has been having, and it's a shame that we're going into the rest of the summer movie season without one of his movies to look forward to. But as we take a moment to pause and give thanks to this great country of ours on Independence Day, take a moment to think about The Rock, our brawny, real-life superhero with soul. If any action movie star deserves to have a military plane named after them, it's this guy, right?