Central MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS

Car Got Hit

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 03:14 AM
Default Car Got Hit

Hey!

My first post is a sad post. My A4 (2006 - RED) got a dent in the fender and the door, right where they connect on the drivers side, from a friends bumper in the driveway. They were going slow but I would say it needs a new fender and a door. The door closes fine and the car drives fine, seems to be cosmetic. Can anyone suggest a body-shop in the Denver, CO area? I am afraid of where their insurance company might send me....

Will the paint be the same? How do I guarantee they use genuine Audi products if the insurance company makes me go to some shady place?

Should I go get bids before I call my friends insurance company?

Can you help me with pointers.....this has never happened to me. I need advise.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:40 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Car Got Hit

File a claim ASAP, and I'm pretty sure you get to choose where your car is fixed. Since its covered under an insurance claim, go to the dealership and talk to them. See if they can refer you somewhere that they send thier body work, if it isn't done in house.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

Dont let them try to tell you that you have to use any part other than original Audi(such as the fender)as you are the one who pays the premium.Also whoever does the work should be able to show you what it is they have done and keep the detailed record of work so that later if you discover a discrepency you are covered.Dont be concerned if you need to take a moment in the process to get info on something that might be a little confusing to you.Remember you pay the insurance so they dont have the right to tell you how it is going to be repaired.If they do fight them tooth and nail to have the repair done to your specification,then get a new insurance company and drop the old one like a bad transmission.Overall most insurance companies are decent and it shouldnt be a problem getting the repairs done to your liking.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:11 PM
3rd Gear

If your gonna go thru insurance they'll make you use one of their affiliated shops and you can pick from there. If you're in Denver-Metro(i.e. Westminster, Broomfield, Thornton) Call my pops at Advanced, They work with most insurance companies and do good work. Here's their info: Advanced Collision Centers Inc

Address:
11045 Irma Dr, Northglenn, CO 80233

Phone:
(303) 650-2404

My dad's name is Don, he can help you out.