Central MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS

iPod FM Transmitters in Boulder, CO?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Default iPod FM Transmitters in Boulder, CO?

I'm curious how well FM transmitters for iPods work in Boulder, Colorado. I've read inconsistent reviews of them, and I gather that the quality of reception depends heavily on your location. So I'm curious how well they work in Boulder. Any feedback would be appreciate.

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2007, 03:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: iPod FM Transmitters in Boulder, CO?

The FM transmitter is a low power radio station in your car - broadcasting to your car's antenna. This is the easiest way to get audio from your iPod to your car, but it also has the least sound quality of any method.

Do you have a CD changer? I suggest the ICELink, or convert your car's changer input to an AUX input, and use something like Harmon Kardon's Drive + Play.

There have been a few tutorials on here about iPod integration and installation...just search.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Default RE: iPod FM Transmitters in Boulder, CO?

Thanks for the tips, csuflyboy. I'll definitely check out some of those tutorials. The thing is that, while it would be nice to be able to listen to my iPod in the car, it's not (to me) worth the price and hassle of some of these installations. For example, I could buy an integrated iPod connector straight from the Audi factory for ~$250 MSRP. Definitely not worth that much to me. The FM transmitter, while potentially with the worst sound quality, is at least in the right price range.