Chop Shop Show off your designs here. Or post to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride.

2011 ALLblacks.. Looking for some feedback on the design.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:27 PM
1st Gear
Default 2011 ALLblacks.. Looking for some feedback on the design.

I'm new here and I'm just looking for some comments or a little feedback on a Headlight Kit I just put together for a custom build I just finished on a B8 A4. Good / Bad, all comments welcomed.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:14 PM
1st Gear

Thats a dope look, did you paint the interior of the housing black? I particularly like how you put the Audi rings inside the housing, nice touch. How did you separate the housing?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ichliebeaudi
Thats a dope look, did you paint the interior of the housing black? I particularly like how you put the Audi rings inside the housing, nice touch. How did you separate the housing?
The separation is a painful process. I did it in a conventional oven, preheated to about 275 degrees and took out the rack and put down a peice of cardboard with the bare headlight housing inside, clips removed as well. Then just watch it for five minutes and then slowly and evenly work the headlight lense away from the body of the assembly and then clean and reseal after you're done with whatever you're doing with the inside of it. I've done 10x custom designs inside these lights but this one is my favorite since it was the first and I got to do whatever I wanted. Everything inside is blacked out and the Audi logo actually glows in the dark so when the car is sitting you get a really nice view of the symbol. It's all the little things that makes the custom builds look good. They look pretty regular not much changed but just the blackening of everything and removing all the amber lighting in the assembly to be all "blue". Looks really cool on the vehicle after I was done with the drop and front bumper work.

If you or anyone you know is interested in a set I can do them however the customer wants just shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 AM
1st Gear

that looks awesome

Old 10-12-2011, 08:18 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by audi_A4_at_19yo
that looks awesome
Thanks man. Worked my *** off on it. I almost asked the kid if I could just buy it from him hah. He just let me have full say on everything done to the car. Subtle but classy I like to say.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:34 PM
1st Gear

That looks amazing! I hate the non-oem look of aftermarket headlights, so you did a wonderful job of subtly modding the OEM ones for a real OEM+ blacked out look! SWEET!!!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:34 AM
1st Gear

thats hella sick main... id be down pm me what it would cost for 02 s4 lights like that
i think it would look sik with my car being silver

Old 10-13-2011, 05:03 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by taktics003
thats hella sick main... id be down pm me what it would cost for 02 s4 lights like that
i think it would look sik with my car being silver
PM sent my man.

and thank you =) much appreciated.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:36 PM
1st Gear

Did everyone get my PMs? The User Control Panel isn't saying I sent any out but I'm sure I responded to everyone

Old 10-14-2011, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

i didnt get the pm... shoot me an email at taktics2000@gmail.com

Quick Reply: 2011 ALLblacks.. Looking for some feedback on the design.