Chop Shop Show off your designs here. Or post to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride.

Can anybody lower my car for me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 01:16 PM
3rd Gear

Rice doesn't have anything to do w/ FWD 90% of the 240sx's on the road are rice just as much as any Civic. I didn't say that I didn't like the car I just said that I that its rice haha. Lowering our cars is not ricey in any way. It is a performance minded option many times as coil overs can be your best handling modification right after that rims and tires. Lap times are not based on hp... If you can't harness the hp how are you gonna make a good lap time. You should look at top gears track test results the 1001hp Bugatti Veyron was the highest hp car on there and not number one. In fact I think first place was something like 200-300 hp haha. It was super light and heavily tuned suspension.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:47 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Chicken Man
You mean MY car?.....
.....Nismo Clear Side Winkers
(HID) headlights
Let me guess....30hp gain?

Old 12-20-2008, 04:47 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Chicken Man
rofl, that is my car, i can even prove it.

SO CAN I!!

Name:  CIMG4187rice.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  50.5 KB

I think you still need this.........
Name:  7d6dbf10d8.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  12.4 KB
Name:  pwned2.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  22.6 KB

Last edited by jasondmaguire; 12-20-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:10 PM
2nd Gear

even if by your opinion rice is a FWD car with NO performance mods....how does a QUATTRO with nothing but upgraded performance parts rate as rice?
in fact MY only non performance mod to date is my pioneer in dash cd player i installed, and since it doesnt have 3-15" subs in the trunk....guess you cant even count THAT as rice....sorry pal, unless you can tell me what makes MY car rice......**** off

you damn 15y/o punk...go play on your own boards....

Old 12-23-2008, 05:28 AM
1st Gear

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:26 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by DjKraZ
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7lL9XF5YUc or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxHDf3YKkU0