Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

94' Audi 100 CS

Old 03-26-2012, 10:10 AM
1st Gear
Default 94' Audi 100 CS

Hello All,

I just bought this 94' 100 CS that had been parked next to the garage for 4.5 years or so. After I replaced a new battery, the car fired right up and didn't miss 1 beat. There's a growling noise under the hood, after carefully examined, it turned out to be a bad AC compressor. The clutch on the AC compressor was stop & go sort of, which created this growling noise... I couldn't believe the car has no rust on it and only a few scratches and the molding are coming apart...That's ok since I am still in school and all I want is a reliable (sort of) transportation with some class (-:

Anyways, since I am in school still, I would like to skip the air conditioning, besides, the sunroof and windows does work and I guess I will be using that instead. For me to skip the AC compressor, I would need to buy a new shorter belt, correct? If yes, what's the length of the belt do I buy it for? Does anyone done this before and know the answer? Again, I would like to skip the AC compressor, but leave it there without removing it until I have some money later months and perhaps buy a rebuilt AC compressor or something.

Please let me know if you know what's the size of the belt or the part number.

Thank you in advance.

Jay

Old 04-02-2012, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

Yes, it can be done.

I successfully bypass the AC compressor with a short serpentien belt without any issues... I got the belt from O'Reily...

Thanks,

Search this Thread