Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

2011 A4 Oil Level Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 12:53 PM
1st Gear
Default 2011 A4 Oil Level Help

I purchased my 2011 A4 (Prestige) in January. Haven't driven it too much; it only has around 3,800 miles currently. Have not had it serviced or been in for the 5,000 mile oil change yet, and I live approx. 30 miles from the nearest reputable Audi dealer, where I plan to go for any service.

I have been lurking around this message board for a while, and have been reading up on the apparent oil consumption issues in these cars. The other day I checked the oil from the MMI, and it said the level was "OK" but the bar on the right was exactly half full, between the "Min" and "Max" extremes. Seeing the bar halfway down, I assumed that my car was low on oil, so I added a quart.

I then realized that I'm definitely not used to a car that has no dipstick, that I actually had no idea how low the oil was or how much I should have added, and I'm very worried that I may have overfilled the oil. When I check the oil now from the MMI, it still says it's "OK" but the bar is completely full, up to "Max".

I have since read that the car will actually tell you when the oil is truly low, and will even tell you how much to add--so now I'm REALLY worried that I overfilled it because it never told e it was low and I added a quart anyway. And I know that these engines are particularly sensitive to damage from overfilled oil.

Does anybody know if the computerized oil check will also tell you if the oil is too full? In other words, if it's not telling me there's a problem, am I okay? Is there ANY other way I can check the level myself? Any way to remove just some of the oil without pulling the whole drain plug?

I appreciate any help or information. I don't want to hurt my car!

Old 10-13-2011, 07:22 AM
1st Gear

Really impressive work has done through this reporting of oil level of 2011 A4 Oil Level which will be definitely helped me to solve all problems which are occurred due to oil level.Extremely knowledgeable information to get better acknowledgment.