Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

APR boost and performance problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:55 PM
1st Gear
Default APR boost and performance problems

I recently purchased an 04 audi a4 1.8l 6 speed, it has an after market stage 2 upgrade. during the first week, i was driving, playing with cruise control on the hwy , and the car shut down. I asked a few and most said i put it in valet mode, so i figure i have an apr chip because its the only upgrade with the cruise control option, anyway i cant access my apr settings through the cruise control **** anymore and i figure i have put it back to stock setting because it definately isnt running stage 2 power. if anyone has any advice on how to access my settings that would be great.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:08 AM
1st Gear

Call APR or just go to APR - High Performance Development for Audi, VW and Porsche Vehicles. and go to there support page to view how to change ur setting for the make and models! U may have to call them and give them ur VIN to see what tune u have at which setting! One engine light blink is usually stock so just hold the set button on the cruise control while the car ignition is on and wait till it blinks twice that should be a different tune but I wouldn't go nemore just in case the other setting maye be a Stage 2+ on 100 octane or more so just give them a call.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

Hope this helps...

How EMCS Works
Step 1
Press and hold the "set" button on your cruise control. After approximately five seconds, the "check engine" light on your dash will begin to blink once per second. This will tell you that you are activating program one. This blinking sequence will continue for approximately five seconds.

After this five second interval, the "check engine" light will begin blinking twice per second. This will indicate that you have activated the second program. This process is continued to access any remaining programs you may have purchased. (three blinks = program three, four blinks = program four).

Step 2
Once you have activated the desired program, simply release the "set" button. The "check engine" light will stop flashing. Turn the ignition key off for 10 seconds, turn the key back on, and you will be locked in that program until you change it again.

From
APR Audi A4 B6 1.8T - APR ECU Upgrade