Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

audis and the apexi safc

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 02:09 AM
1st Gear
Default audis and the apexi safc

how do audis (particularly the 1.8t b5 a4) react to apexi safc piggie back fuel computers? has anyone here tried one? does anyone have any good data on wether or not they will work? if these work we should be able to open up new options for boost and engine control. thanks

Old 01-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Default RE: audis and the apexi safc

yeah they work. but there a pain in the ***. if youve used one before than you know how to use it. If you want i have one that has never been used its black and its the S-afc II. ill sell it to you for $250 and that includes shipping

Old 01-10-2005, 03:36 AM
1st Gear

is that the older safc II or the brand new one(some people confuse the two)? if its the older one then nah, i can usually fine em used in good shape for pretty cheap locally, people upgrade to the new one. so is it just using one that is a pain in the *** or os there more to it? cause i am pretty proficient in using them, i used that and my wideband o2 to get pretty flat 12.0:1 afr across the board on large(450cc) injectors. i really think that if these systems work with the audi ecu well that this could open up a great alternative route to buying the overpriced crap chips. that and a boost controller might be all you'll need, maybe an adjustable fpr too. hell even for turbo upgrades you could avoid buying a chip. and still save money, plus you'll actually be able to tune the system.

Old 01-10-2005, 01:09 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys. I'm really interested in this. i gotz an AEB a4. Are there any other controllers that will work that have more tunability or is the safc good enough??? also what other mods other than turbo, mani, dp ,, will i need with this
THanks
Peace

Old 01-11-2005, 01:08 AM

its the brand new S-afc II with the black casing red backlight and white letters. i chose this b/c it would match the rest of the interior lights but got too lazy to replace the old safc.

The S-afc is the best way to go. and if your going electronic boost controller the Greddy Profec-B is the way to go. Its simple you have 3 ***** one for high boost one for low boost and one that determines how fast the turbo spools

Old 01-11-2005, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

cool, i dunno if ill buy yours, i still got an old one on my civic too! so it sounds like this system would work, i got some bills to pay(damn hospital) but after those depending on the cash i got left i will give it a try, i already got a wideband o2 so i can tune nice and safe. i will let ya guys know if i ever get this project up and running.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:14 PM
4th Gear

Dude why not spend the extra buck and get some software where from someone. Do you realize that it will be much more reliable with software. With a boost controller your only gaining boost, no air/fuel adjustments, no timing. Its retarded not u, dont take my word for it that. I gota remember this is the guy who told us bovs work wonderful on stock A4s.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:20 AM

Thin ice, thin ice.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

lol whatever, thats why i am researching the use of an apexi safc, let me give you the non abbriviated term apexi Super Air Fuel Controller, in other words with this i can change the fuel mixtures so that the car will run the same as or better than stock(oh with the aid of my wideband o2 sensor). i am adressing both fuel AND boost issues here, i know not to just turn up the boost on these cars. oh i remember a certain someone that might have thought the higher elevation you are at the better your car runs. can't remeber who though. lol.

maybe its super air flow controller, lol can't remember but anyways i can control all fuel settings for the car for upped boost and even adjust for bigger injectors, just have to know how and have the proper tuning tools(wideband)

and just so you know a wideband o2 sensor is the most accurate(much more than stock) way of reading of how rich or lean your engine is running, its a seperate system from the ecu, and uses a seperate wideband oxygen sensor.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:46 PM

he knows ive already explained it. dont even bother you cant win this battle becuase you are wrong. dont mess with user definable tools and go with a chip

Quick Reply: audis and the apexi safc