Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

NEUSPEED CHIP PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Default NEUSPEED CHIP PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP

ok hi my name is matt, i am brand new to this audi forum and im asking for someones help. i drive a 2002 audi a4 3.0, i just had my ECU fitted with a neuspeed chip which was then installed by my mechanic. When the mechanic turned on the car his computer read that the car had several error codes, he then cleared warning light and later it came back and showed us that one code was coming up. (Air Induction Pump) He told me that the car should be ok to drive for a little bit because i need to get to work but he recommended talking to neuspeed and having it fixed. So i was driving to work which is about 15 minutes from the shop and of course i was testing how the chip was working, but about 1 minute from my work smoke starts trickling out from under the driver side dash. The smoke smelled like burning plastic. So i then disconnected the battery as fast as i could and let it sit. I then began to make calls to neuspeed but they had no idea, and kept telling me that the chip would have nothing to do with this problem. But this car was completely stock before I added the chip so i know the chip had to be the problem. So then i called my mechanic and he told me to reconnect the battery and get the car back to the shop asap before it burned up. So i reconnected the battery and seriously NOTHING WAS WRONG. It was like nothing ever happened. The car still smelled a bit like burnt plastic but no warning lights and no more smoke. I took it back to the shop and my mechanic had no idea, and his computer picked up no errors or codes. I later opened the car up again just like i did on the way to work, just wondering if the problem would occur again, but nothing. I washed the car and put it in the garage where it is still sitting. Any ideas on what the hell happened? Do these chips take time to register to the car until they run ok? Please respond to this. I will appreciate anyone that can seriously help me out or just tell me what they are thinking. Thank you very much.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Default RE: NEUSPEED CHIP PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP

all of the problems were corrected when i reconnected the battery (engine light went out, and no more smoke) but randomly when the car is off and is sitting the engine fan will randomly turn on. This chip is killing me