Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Turbo valve relationship to the turbo and coils

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:45 AM
1st Gear
Default Turbo valve relationship to the turbo and coils

I recently had my turbo replaced and they didn't replace the turbo valve, my mechanic is saying that the turbo valve in no way could have gone bad because of the turbo itself was malfunctioning, they are saying that the turbo valve is completely separate.....
Backstory: Originally the car had an oil sludge problem which was fixed under the warrenty. Because of the loss of power in the engine (due to the sludge problem), the turbo was malfunctioningit was also replaced under the warrenty, but has never actually worked correctly( between 3000-4000rpms the carBUCKS) The mechanic says the problem is the turbo valve is malfunctioning and they are not going to cover it, because it is unrelated to the original problem. Also I have had all the coils replaced and 2 of them replaced twice is any of this related....please help me!!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Guru
Default RE: Turbo valve relationship to the turbo and coils

do you mean the dv?

the n75?

the wastegate?

Old 02-28-2008, 11:20 AM
1st Gear

I do not know what the dv, the n75, or the wastegate is, I am just going on what i was told by the mechanic which is turbo valve. I can call the mechanic and ask but I'm not sure what to ask....thanks for the quik response

Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Guru

ask him what he means by turbo valve....... ask him if it is the wastegate, the n75, or the diverter/bypass valve......maybe someone else knows what a "turbo valve" is

Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Guru

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special...alve&go=Go

Old 02-28-2008, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

I finally heard back from them and they told me that it is a boost control valve. Do you think that this valve could be malfunctioning because of the previous problem with the malfunctioning turbo itself, or are they unrelated?

Old 02-28-2008, 04:08 PM
1st Gear

Also do you think either of these malfunctioning parts (the turbo and the boost control valve) could have caused the coils to malfunction as well?

Old 02-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Guru

doubtful and this boost controll valve as they call it is probably the n75 valve.... which helps controll the wastegate and how much boost your car gets......... you can get a race valve off ecs tunning for about 75 bucks

Old 02-28-2008, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

They are charging me $515 to install it at the dealer, do you think i should try to have them warrenty it because it should have been replaced with the turbo? Could the malfunctioning turbo could have caused the boost control valve tomalfunction as well?

Old 02-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Guru

not sure on that, but like i said a new race valve through ecs is 85 and very easy to install

savings to you of 300 +.....

a factory valve shouldn't cost more than say 115..... so 400 for labor on an hour long job(15 minutes of your time)..... go to another vag dealer and get a second opinion

Quick Reply: Turbo valve relationship to the turbo and coils