Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

would 87 octane "goat p" trip a cel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 12:22 AM
1st Gear
Default Ignition coils? running rough. would 87 octane "goat p" trip a cel?

ok so the other day i pulled up to a "unnamed gas station" and said fill up 93. I looked back as the retard was topping off my tank to the point of spilling out all over my car and the further noticed that he filled all 14 gallons of fuel with 87 octane, yum! so it seemed to be ok for about 30 miles. left the car for a day then at 11PM and 21 degrees F i started the car to warm up. then about 3 minutes after i did that the car started violently shaking and the cel started flashing like i was at a discotek. SWEET! I have not yet been able to vag it yet, but i was wondering what i am in for so after i vag it and go any further any suggestions. i checked a ton of sites and this one had the most educated members IMO... I know there are other forums, but i figured i would start my own. also has anyone experienced a non welded AEB cat flange on a 99 A4 Avant QT? seriously my cat is stock and it broke off of the flange bolted to the turbo... i mean there was not stock weld, why would the use a compression on such a critical point of the system? that was a bich to fix. took 3 days. 1 to remove 1 to find a welder that can weld cast and well a half to reassemble. had to cut almost all of the bolts and replace with grade 8s. then the dam gasket burned out before i had a chance to retorque it. so gotta tear it all down then up again... any comments would be a great help.

Last edited by djcctek; 12-15-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:57 AM
1st Gear

Having lower grade gas than your car requires will cause it to knock badly. You need to try and get as much of the 87 out of there, without it going through your engine, as possible. Go to a hardware store and get a fluid-siphon device. Should just be a simple couple pieces of tubing attached by a pump of some sort in the middle of them. Make sure you get one with a long hose. This is a good idea of what I mean

Old 12-15-2010, 05:16 PM
1st Gear

ok here is what i did today. filled with octane boost and 93 octane. checked vag and received "cylinder 2 misfire" so what I did was swap 2 and 3 coils. reset code and ran till she started flashing again. rechecked code and the same result "cylinder 2 misfire" so i then swapped 2 and 3 plugs. reset and check and still the same thing. so i was going to replace all plugs that had a white ashy look "lean" to them. of course i didnt have my wallet with me so i couldnt do that. any suggestions?

thanx

Old 12-16-2010, 08:20 PM
1st Gear
Default any other words???

anyone else want to add anything?