Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Kinney Motors, Rutland Vermont. Classic Stealership

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 06:26 AM
1st Gear
Default Kinney Motors, Rutland Vermont. Classic Stealership

Bought a 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro from them January 5th with 54,436 miles, for $14,995. 3 month powetrain warranty came with it.

It was a one owner verified by them as it was sold there new. Except I just found the Audi Certified Used sticker on the inside drivers door, and it was *NOT* sold to me as a certified used, meaning that was lie #1. I was sold a $600 Xzilon treatment that had a 5 year warantee on the paint and it would be repainted if the paint stained. Lie #2, Xzilon ONLY covers *REAPPLICATION* of the Xzilon treatment on ANY used car.

2 weeks later I had my first service there, went fine... $73.18

After 2 months, my clutch grenaded, they dismissed it as abuse. I did not abuse this car, and I *know* how to drive stick. The clutch took the transmission case with it, and ended up costing ME $4,872.17 They took their sweet *** time, 3 whole weeks, promising me "It'll be done tomorrow" atleast 8 times that I remember. Would NOT cover a rental car, would NOT provide a loaner. My "Assigned" mechanic caught pneumonia (understandable that he needs time off for that, duh), but they would not let another mechanic work on the car, and would, again, NOT provide a loaner or rental. That was one of the three weeks of delays... Got it back with a dead battery and a broken fuel guage, and they unwittingly admitted it broke while there, but would still do nothing about it but tell me to drive it off. Fortunately, it fixed itsself after 3 fill ups.

I feel it of notable mention that *before* (3 days exactly) the transmission work, I was grabbing jumper cables for a friend out of the spare tire well where I store them, and I verified my full size spare was there. A week ago I looked (cleaning the car up), and it is gone. The ONLY people with access to my car (I am **** about locking it) in that time frame was Kinney Motors and myself, and I'm pretty sure I would remember stealing my own tire... Of course, Kinney wouldn't *need* to get in there, so it is impossible for them to have taken it.

I took it back, foolishly, for the 60,000 mile service, costed me $420.85 and they topped off all the fluids in addition to the major tune-up. I got it back home and immediately my car was oozing bluish/greenish fluid, thinking it was spillage, and knowing they had closed when I took the car home, and having to be at work pretty much immediately, I had no time to deal with them. That was yesterday, today they have yet to open, but I have called them and alerted them of the issue, and am awaiting their call today.

To date the stealership has cost me $20,965.20 plus interest of financing the car+transmission work, plus a missing full size spare, 3 weeks of my life, numerous dents and scrapes on the car, dented and scraped rims, and now who knows what this leak will cost. I have no way of proving any fault of theirs, though I feel it is obvious who is at fault. If you value your car, stay far far away from Kinney Motors in Rutland Vermont...

Old 05-17-2008, 10:48 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Kinney Motors, Rutland Vermont. Classic Stealership

That sucks! I'm fortunate in that our dealership has always treated us and our cars very well.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:58 PM
1st Gear

Bunch of ******, man- WOW. That really sucks.

You know, it never ceases to amaze me how crappy some of the dealerships treat their customers. You'd think that if they were selling high-priced cars, they'd do everything possible to avoid bad PR (read: losing a potential sale).

Old 05-23-2008, 06:25 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Project Mayhem

Bunch of ******, man- WOW. That really sucks.

You know, it never ceases to amaze me how crappy some of the dealerships treat their customers. You'd think that if they were selling high-priced cars, they'd do everything possible to avoid bad PR (read: losing a potential sale).
I've learned that this is standard for Audi dealers. Look at the posts here , and you will find time and again the same story just a different town. It seems that MOST Audi dealers are ********, and Audi of America will do absolutely NOTHING to back up the customer, and will just tell you to take it up with the dealer which means you are screwed. I will never again own an Audi