Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Service experiences in So. Cal

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Service experiences in So. Cal

FYI guys on dealer Service in the So. Cal area I've had with my 06' A3:
[ul][*]STAY away from Santa Monica Audi, [:'(]they are idiots over there who should be working on Hugo's at best. Makes me sick to the stomach since I just stay 2 miles away that I have to go elsewhere.[*]Rusnak in Pasadena are okay, but ther are more concerned with their image than service (Bentletys/Maybachs/Rolls). When I had a front wheel noise which I was almost sure was from a wheel bearing. Stupid me let them convince me it was thepoorly ratedPirelli P6's just being loud since they are so cheap. Guss what? After a new set of tires, and 1grand lighter in the pocket, the noise wasstill there. Shame on me for not following my instincts![*]Keys Audi,would not even take my car in for service sooner than a WEEK out, what's up with that!I had a check engine light on, could have been a severe problem. Plus said no to a loaner car if I came in![*]Now Pacific Audi in Torrance is the ****. They took my car right in, gave me a loaner for two days. Man my service rep. (Tim)said right away before they even checked out my car that most likely i had a wheel bearing issue. How sweet was that to my ears since I was still spinning from the Rusnak fiasco. Took care of my check engine light, replaced a bad divertervalve (I knew that prior). Now Ihavea'C' version DV. Of course after my warranty is up, I see a Forge DV on my wish list.[/ul]
This is just my two cents, but if it helps any of you making a choice of dealership to use for service I suggest Pacific by far.

BTW,
My ECU has been tuned by Eurocode with an APR stage II upgrade about a year ago. Those guys are pretty cool, but I wish David would have informed me about the weakness of the 'B' DV valve that was in my car at the time. It's a kown issue with the early 06's, and when you have it tuned it's a sure bet the weaker DV will blow. [:@]I would have had it changed out at the time of tunning!

Old 02-23-2008, 03:35 AM
Default RE: Service experiences in So. Cal

Thanks for the heads up on four local dealerships. I just got a 1999.5 A4 and an building up my knowledge base for future servicing and repairs.