Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

West Broad Audi of Richmond (Virginia)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 02:59 PM
1st Gear
Default West Broad Audi of Richmond (Virginia)

Taking into consideration the following items:

Who does what at the Dealership

Generic Tools to prevent getting ripped off at Dealerships

Research Article on Price differences between Dealerships and Independent Shops

Why do Mechanics Cost so Much?

I called the Audi Dealership in Richmond for an over the phone Price Quote, and as with the last few times I have called, I got the answering machine. I even sat outside of their little pull through garage one time I was so irritated, and called them from my cell phone, heard the phone ringining inside, and not 1 of the 3 even considered picking it up.

Regardless, the price quote was to replace the Fuel Filter, I have the part already intending on doing this myself, but found it requires a VW/AUDI specific tool for pulling off the hoses compared to the 3 ptoential basic ones used by the rest of the automobile industry that every auto part store sells.

The Item in question sits suspended from the bottom of the car by one screw, has 3 hoses that connect to it, and requires that you "prime it" manually with fuel, or simply turn the car over a few times and let it prime itself.

It would take longer to get it on the lift than it would to reach up, and swap the darn thing out.

I am now awaiting a call back as to how much they want to charge me to do this.

If it is anything like the $1700 they wanted to R2 my Timing Belt/Tensioners and Water Pump (Parts around $300) then I imagine they will want at a minimum $70 even though I am supplying the part with receipt from their parts department.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

+10 points for returning the call in under 30 minutes.

-9 points for not answering the phone in the first place.

-80 points for wanting to charge me $95 to remove 3 hoses and 1 phillips head screw, replace 2 of 3 hoses onto new part, let gravity fill up said filter, installing (pushing on till it snaps) third hose, tightening up phillips head screw securing the filter to its plastic holder, and turning the key over till it finally starts.

The Tool impossible to get short of paying $15 for the tool and $12 for shipping and waiting 2 weeks.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:36 PM
1st Gear

Just sent the following via the contact page from their web site. Will post their email when I get it, if I get it.

Just got a price quote for removal and replacement of Fuel Filter for a 2006 Audi A3 2.0T, I will supply the Filter (I purchased it from your parts department last week along with Coils/Plugs/Both O2 Sensors and some misc items for work I did myself). But wanting to charge me $95 to remove 3 hoses and 1 phillips head screw, replace 2 of 3 hoses onto the new gilter, let gravity fill up said filter, installing (pushing on till it snaps) third hose, tightening up phillips head screw securing the filter to its plastic holder, and turning the key over till it finally starts.

I have to pay $95 for maintenance that will require more time getting it on the lift than it will performing the maintenance because it requires a special tool that is not available locally?

I know there is overhead for the building, the Greeter, the Service Advisor, the Dispatcher, the Mechanic, the Cashier, the dealerships profit etc... But come on, 1 screw and three hoses!

The Tool impossible to get short of paying $15 for the tool and $12 for shipping and waiting 2 weeks. I suppose it is worth saving the $70. REALLY? $95! Update your National Labor Guides for that job, your charging way too much. I love my AUDI, but this is making me hate the Dealership.