Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

All right, fess up

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:40 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default All right, fess up

All right, I totally know there is a detailing thread and all, but no one reads it with any sort of consistency. So yeah, how do you wash your car? Do you guys cheap out and go through the $7 scratch the hell out of your paint auto wash? Do you spend four hours painstakingly hand washing it with a soft bristled tooth brush? Do you go to one of those sweet "laser" touch free washes? Or have you found something that works really well for you that not everyone else does?

I'm a sucker for gimmicks, and a few years ago, I tried out that Mr. Clean auto-dry system. I was absolutely stunned that it not only worked, but worked hella well. Then I totally ran it over with my car. Then they came out with a new, more better "pro" system! It was the same thing, different colors, and they gave you a cool washing mitt, too. It's really the best thing I've ever used and it leaves my car spotless.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default RE: All right, fess up

this belongs in the detailing section

[:-]

I takes like half the day for me when I wash the car...
LMAO - not including when I have to wax / claybar it...

Its like an event..I always wash my car myself...
I dont trust those other guys [:@]

Old 05-08-2007, 12:31 AM
4th Gear

I wash my car myself everytime, I use Z auto soap.. its something my dad ordered on the internet that he swears by. I refuse to let anyone but myself wash my car, i usually spend 1-2 hours. I wash the entire car with soap, every inch of it, including rims, dry it myself use 2 towels, clean every inch of exterior, behind the gas cap, open the trunk clean all the excess water and do the same with all the doors. Then I bring it in, wipe any dust off my interior then use armor crap on it, vacumm all the rugs and I'm done. I occasionally windex my Borla exhaust tips cause I dont want the ends to get filled up with that black crap, gotta make sure they shine forever!

Old 05-08-2007, 12:49 AM
6th Gear

I was my car myself using Zaino car wash soap. always wash it in the shade, hand dry. I use the autodry system also with combination of my car wash soap (mainly use it for the drying option). My parents think I'm crazy because I spend so much time cleaning my car. On the interior I dust it when I wash the car and once a month vacum, protect it.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:12 AM
5th Gear

The Mr. Clean thing is amazing... I've got a black car, so the thing is a Godsend.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:31 AM
6th Gear

I love the Mr. Clean autodry also but the bad news is that the product run is almost over, so you should stock up on replacement filters now.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:45 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: CAB509

I love the Mr. Clean autodry also but the bad news is that the product run is almost over, so you should stock up on replacement filters now.
How do you know this!? Are you sure?
That seems very odd... they likely make a small fortune on it's sales...

Old 05-08-2007, 01:50 AM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

ORIGINAL: CAB509

How do you know this!? Are you sure?
That seems very odd... they likely make a small fortune on it's sales...
My mom works for uncle procter and is high enough up that she knows these things. I was talking to her about the autodry and how car guys liked it and she told me that it is ending it's product run soon. I don't know if soon is like the next couple months or years.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:57 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Dammit, I love that thing. I'm not huge into washing my car (yeah, I keep it clean) and I'm not the kind who will spend an entire day dedicated to cleaning it. It just works so well for the quick cleaning job. Especially since I have a limited water supply since I use a well. Stupid water ban!

Old 05-08-2007, 02:00 AM
6th Gear

it sucks I know, I love the thing too because the spot free drying really does work.

Quick Reply: All right, fess up