Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Car duster

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 05:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Car duster

I bought a car duster from a local store (canadian tire). It works like a charm for that little bit of dust that collects on your clean car overnight.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Car duster

Car Duster:
The best known brand (California Car Duster) it can be used to remove pollen or light dust without causing scratches by applying very little surface pressure with the duster, dusting with long strokes in one direction only, the dust is collected by paraffin wax and held in the cotton fibres (the same way a micro fibre cloth works (but without the paraffin wax) For heavy dust or dirt use Quick Easy Wash (QEW)

Shake the duster occasionally to ensure any particles picked up will drop out rather than come to the surface while you’re using it. It important to use the duster only for the removal of dry surface dust, if the vehicle has oily road film, road tar, damp pollen or dust, etc the vehicle surface should be washed

Dust build-up-with low humidity conditions friction on the paint surface will cause static electricity (this is exacerbated by the use of polyester (nylon) Microfiber) resulting in dust attraction to the paint surface. Rinsing the surface with water or applying a quick detailer (QD) or use the CCD as stated above to remove dust

When the duster is first purchased it should be wrapped in newspaper (48 hours) to remove any excess paraffin wax, the duster should not be washed, the dirtier it gets the better it works (I've been using mine now for almost five years without it being washed) http://www.calcarduster.com/faq.asp

Do not use – on a wet surface (even condensation) as this will cause streaking, or soon after driving as a hot surface will also cause streaking Alternative product-OXO Car Duster- http://www.autogeek.net

{Knowledge unshared is experience wasted}