AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/detailing-51/)
-   -   Don't you just hate the dirty-front-wheel look? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/detailing-51/dont-you-just-hate-dirty-front-wheel-look-146051/)

Davey89 02-16-2010 12:33 AM

Don't you just hate the dirty-front-wheel look?

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post this here to see if I was the only one with this issue or if anyone else could relate. I wash my car as often as I can - about once a month in the winter and once a week in the summer. However, no matter how good the car itself can look, the front wheels always end up covered in brake dust and road grim after a few days. To take care of this I constantly keep a towel in my trunk and wipe them off. The wheels are stock but thats fine with me - i just hate the dirty-front-wheel look. I started using this protectant spray to help the problem. However, it leaves a big white streaks when it dries over the wheels, and in the end isn't all too much effective.

Is there anything I can do about the brake dust? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

ilackav8 02-16-2010 11:03 AM

theres really not a lot you can do. as long as you drive you'll have some amount of brake dust and road grime thatll stick to the rims. when i first got my car, brake dust was more of an issue, but it hasnt been bad for a while. maybe less hard braking can do the trick? just throwin it out there

ObnoxiousDrunk 02-24-2010 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Davey89 (Post 1176695)
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post this here to see if I was the only one with this issue or if anyone else could relate. I wash my car as often as I can - about once a month in the winter and once a week in the summer. However, no matter how good the car itself can look, the front wheels always end up covered in brake dust and road grim after a few days. To take care of this I constantly keep a towel in my trunk and wipe them off. The wheels are stock but thats fine with me - i just hate the dirty-front-wheel look. I started using this protectant spray to help the problem. However, it leaves a big white streaks when it dries over the wheels, and in the end isn't all too much effective.

Is there anything I can do about the brake dust? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

About all you can do is try installing different brake pads. If you search the fourms, you can see what others have used to help eliminate the problem.

chenzomillion 03-25-2010 11:48 AM

Buy black rims :)

joenelson7687 03-30-2010 08:28 AM

Ceramic pads...

ImTheDevil 03-30-2010 09:54 PM

Agreed - ceramics on my cars have typically dusted a lot less. Also, get your wheels really clean - like showroom clean - and put a couple coats of wax on them. Makes them easier to clean and harder for the dust to stick.

czum09 04-14-2010 01:08 PM

Actually you could try eagle one keep clean for your wheels. I use it and it works out pretty good. Try it let me know what you think. I dont know if thats what you use but i dont have streaks or anything.