Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Don't you just hate the dirty-front-wheel look?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Default Don't you just hate the dirty-front-wheel look?

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post this here to see if I was the only one with this issue or if anyone else could relate. I wash my car as often as I can - about once a month in the winter and once a week in the summer. However, no matter how good the car itself can look, the front wheels always end up covered in brake dust and road grim after a few days. To take care of this I constantly keep a towel in my trunk and wipe them off. The wheels are stock but thats fine with me - i just hate the dirty-front-wheel look. I started using this protectant spray to help the problem. However, it leaves a big white streaks when it dries over the wheels, and in the end isn't all too much effective.

Is there anything I can do about the brake dust? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-16-2010, 11:03 AM
2nd Gear

theres really not a lot you can do. as long as you drive you'll have some amount of brake dust and road grime thatll stick to the rims. when i first got my car, brake dust was more of an issue, but it hasnt been bad for a while. maybe less hard braking can do the trick? just throwin it out there

Old 02-24-2010, 04:24 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Davey89
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post this here to see if I was the only one with this issue or if anyone else could relate. I wash my car as often as I can - about once a month in the winter and once a week in the summer. However, no matter how good the car itself can look, the front wheels always end up covered in brake dust and road grim after a few days. To take care of this I constantly keep a towel in my trunk and wipe them off. The wheels are stock but thats fine with me - i just hate the dirty-front-wheel look. I started using this protectant spray to help the problem. However, it leaves a big white streaks when it dries over the wheels, and in the end isn't all too much effective.

Is there anything I can do about the brake dust? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance
About all you can do is try installing different brake pads. If you search the fourms, you can see what others have used to help eliminate the problem.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:48 AM

Buy black rims

Old 03-30-2010, 08:28 AM
2nd Gear

Ceramic pads...

Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Agreed - ceramics on my cars have typically dusted a lot less. Also, get your wheels really clean - like showroom clean - and put a couple coats of wax on them. Makes them easier to clean and harder for the dust to stick.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:08 PM
1st Gear

Actually you could try eagle one keep clean for your wheels. I use it and it works out pretty good. Try it let me know what you think. I dont know if thats what you use but i dont have streaks or anything.