Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

need some help..

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 05:30 PM
1st Gear
Default need some help..

Hello guys. I have an Audi A3 1.8T quattro 2009 facelift in white colour.
My problem is that there are some very tiny yellow spots on the white surface and some web.

I decided to take it to a professional and let him take care of it.

After this i want to treat my car with the best way so i would likeyou to tell me the best products for cleaning...
1)the car's paint.i mean cleaning my car, what do i need and which products are best. shampoos,clay bars(liquid?) etc
2)the dash
3) the interior-exterior rubbers,plastic and any other materials
4) the carpets
5)the exsaust pipes which have become black from silver?
6)the engine

thanks in advance

Last edited by hamurabi; 07-05-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:06 PM
1st Gear

Hey i was a professional detailer for 3 years and have gotten to touch some of the finest cars around(so you know this isnt bs) but to me no one company put out the best stuff. Its finding the best by testing stuff out. In all honesty overall most of the "quality" stuff is from auto solutions and auto magic, "commercial grade" if you will. Transmate makes interior foams and sprays for carpet that if it doesnt get the stain out, its not coming out. I used a turtle wax clay bay before i was a detailer and it scuffed the clear coat on my truck. Auto magics blue bar is the best to me and ive never scratched a car while using clean water as a lubricant. Get the tire gel, you want silicone based dressing for tires and water based for interiors. Silicone dressing attracts dust. Dont constantly put tire shine on every day. As a mechanic now, it will crack your tires up with over use. For interiors nothing beats a brush, magic eraser, n some towels n compressed air. If your r doin touch ups turtle wax ice spray is great to dress n get dust off. N for paint get 3m heavy polish n use that with a da polisher n work it in take it off n use wolfgang paint sealent. Its worth every penny. N for glass use aerosol spray. Sorry its alot at once.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:59 AM
1st Gear

hey thanks for all of this.
a few more questions...
how to clean and maintain the chrome stuff inside (air ventilators,door handles) and outside (exsaust pipes?

Old 07-06-2013, 09:28 AM
1st Gear

Any exterior chrome , use steel wool 000/0000 grade but if its just trim n not a bumper its not worth the risk. If its dirty or not that bad use the 3m heavy polish n use the wax or paint sealent same as paint. If its bad use mothers chrome polish but tape off paint. If the exhaust tips r really bad, use wheel acid with steel wool and than use wax to make it pop. Anything interior related id just clean them the same way as interior. I mix warm water with interior degreaser in a gallon sized bucket. I just dip the brush and scrub the area. Use a soft bristle carpet brush, not the ones with plastic bristles. Go easy n repeat like your scrubbing your face. Get cracks, than go over the area with the magic eraser, wipe n blow out cracks with compressed air. Just dont leave standing mixture on leather or plastic cuz it will clean/ fade on the dropplet spots. Leather is the same way just be gental n dont remove top coat. If you got a leather steering wheel, spray a lil degreaser, n use the magic eraser . The dirt will be in the gray to deep gray spectrum but if u keep goin n it starts to get more towards the color of your interior, your removing top coat n thats bad. Hondas have the crappiest leather. I condition leather once every month or 2 n use protector 2 times a year

Old 07-06-2013, 09:33 AM
1st Gear

Engines r easy . Some people r extra cautious n spray wd40 on electrical connections n kepp motor on but i have never had an issue. Just dont flood you bay. Spray degreaser n scrub with a wheel brush n rinse off. While its wet i spray thicker water based dressing. N once the engines been running, the heat will dry water. Silicone dressing repeated use will crack your coolant hoses faster, hence y we use water base.