Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

which products are Best!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 07:35 PM
1st Gear
Default which products are Best!!!!!!

I'd like to see what other people use on there ride's

I'm a fan of groits garage......but I'm due for a re-stocking, And I'd like to try something new.

Pictures of your beautiful finish in this Thread would be a plus

I will put one of mine on here once the damn rain stops....(May in MN, what can ya do)

Old 05-12-2005, 09:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: which products are Best!!!!!!

This is a subjective area of detailing. I prefer certain products and the results they produce but another may dislike my choice in products and use something totally different. Personally I think you are being ripped off for your choice in products but again that is your choice.

Anthony

Old 05-12-2005, 11:57 PM
1st Gear

This is another reason i'm looking to switch products, Groits is getting out of hand with there price's

Old 05-16-2005, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

Hey John,

Looking to save some money and get better results? Well I may sound like a broken record lately on some forums but you have just got to try out Optimum products.

Go to www.topoftheline.com.......or I know Autogeek also carries the line ( I think)....and order the Spray Wax, the Polish, Protectant Plus and the Tire Shine.

You should not need another polish or glaze nor another wax. Let me know if I can be of any help in answering any questions you may have regarding the products.

Anthony

Old 05-16-2005, 02:11 PM
1st Gear

Im with Anthony. I have been using the Optimum line for several weeks now and am really impressed by its user friendliness, and overall results. The polish can be worked for quite some time, and doesnt tend to haze up, which can dust, and make removal more difficlut. Yet at the same time, it doesnt leave any substantial oils behind, altering sealant durabilty or application issues.
As for sealing, does it get any easier than spray and wipe? And it really leaves a slick surface.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:43 PM
2nd Gear

Hi all,

Kinda a similar question...I'm wondering what products people prefer, obviously from a cost/benefit standpoint. I've been looking at the Wolfgang car kits on Autogeek (wash/sealer/instant detail/clay/towels) for 75-100 bucks. Now, I'm all about supporting AudiForum sponsors...but is Wolfgang considered a "premium" brand that may have a higher overhead? Am I better off going with Meigeirs, Mothers, Optimum to get the same "bang" for a smaller buck?

I've got some F---ing scratches on front and rear bumper, so I'm looking to put some protection on my baby ASAP. I have no detail products or supplies (applicators, towels, etc.) Think $100 is a reasonable price for all that?

Let the sales-pitches begin :-)

Old 06-01-2005, 12:44 AM
1st Gear

I agree, Looking to do more than a semiannual wax and want some opinions. Mechanic also recommended Groits. Those other posts sound like Optimum reps or salespersons...hey if others also recommend, cool but seems like there should be some other good products???

Old 06-13-2005, 04:03 AM

The best buy far is Klasse Twins for protecetion and a damn clean paint.
I use Sonus Clay, Sonus Paint Cleaner, Autoglym Polishes, Klasse AIO, Klasse Sealent Glaze, P21S Carnuba wax for dark paints or Pinnacle Carnuba for light paint colors.
There's no wax that's semiannual. A sealent yes. Make sure you clean the paint properly so it gets correct bonding so it will last and protect. I suggest Klasse SG is you want protection for 6 months. If you don't have time I suggest Clay, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG. IF you want throw on some carnuba. BUT you must clean your paint! IF not it will just scratch and eat up your paint.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

Best wax or Sealant:
There is no one product that can produce all of the properties for an optically perfect shine, however; for high surface gloss and surface reflectance-a polymer sealant, which also provides durability. Detailing enthusiasts consider shine as only one attribute of a protective wax or sealant. They are equally concerned with ease of application, resistance to abrasion, atmospheric contamination and weathering.

a) For depth of shine and clarity-a Carnauba wax (also provides a sacrificial and easily renewable barrier against airborne contaminants.
b) For an optically perfect shine- for long term durability and protection apply a polymer sealant to a carefully prepared level, clean paint surface and add a Carnauba wax as a (LSP) last step product (See also Optically perfect shine).
c) The aesthetics of a vehicle appearance is very subjective to say the least, the only best wax or sealant that really matters is what looks 'best' to you. (See also Product Choices)

It really is all dependants upon; 85% preparation, 5% product, 7% application method and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder. Ultimately the best wax will prove to be the one that best meets its user's objectives.

Suggestions:
Very subjective as its a question of personal taste
a)(Carnauba) Souveran or Zymol
b)(Polymer) Zaino, Menzerna or Klasse

JonM

Old 06-15-2005, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

I used to use Griot's Garage polishes and Best of Show Wax allof the time. However, the wax was always tough to get off and the polishes stain trim very bad. I switched to Poorboy's World Products after seeing them on all of the detailing sites and fell in love. We started our business with Poorboy's and it has been a great product line for us.

Quick Reply: which products are Best!!!!!!