Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Wolfgang Uber Compound

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Default Wolfgang Uber Compound

Wolfgang Uber Compound
By Jaretr1

Hello,

Its been reviewed before, but I will review it again. If you are lazy and do not want to read the entire review which wont be that long, here is my summary, a fantastic compound! This kind a show and tell as well as a review.

I bought a bottle awhile ago to have (because thats what we do, we have stuff for when we might need it). I had not had an opportunity to actually use it until now. I have used before Megs UC, M105, Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover.

The car I used it on was a 2004 BMW 330i with the M Package. Its a red that is specific to that model and trim, a little deeper red than other reds. This car has been a daily driver and has about 90k miles on it. Other than the hood which was replaced due to damage, all the paint is original.

The first thing I can tell you is BMW paint is very hard. While the car was covered in water spots and light swirls, once I finished, the paint was nearly flawless, EXCEPT for the hood. The hood was just hammered with acid rain, water etching, scratches and there wasnt anything I was going to do to get it back to flawlessness. I got it shiny again as the pictures show, but it was to far gone.

Here is what I liked about Uber. First it has a long working time. Seems like it can but be worked and worked and worked without flashing or drying out, the polar opposite of M105. Dusting is minimal as well. It does dust, but its not uncontrollable or terribly annoying. It also has no added frangrance, so it has a purely chemical smell. Not overwhelming, but noticable.

But here is the best part, it finishes like a polish. Cuts as good as any compound and finishes as good as any polish. I did not see a reason to polish the car after I was done. I saw no micromarring at all. The paint was nearly flawless. I was extremely impressed. Especially for a car that is 11 years old, aside from the hood, it finished up really really well.

After I was done I wiped it down with eraser, and topped it with Collinite 845. My tool of choice was my PC7424xp (wasnt much of a choice since its the only polisher I have). I used LC flat orange, blue Hydrotech, and an orange CCS pad as well. The trim i finished up with WG trim sealant.

Oh, almost forgot. The windows were also covered with water stains. I was going to use Spotless on them, but while I was working on the car, I decided just to give the compound a try and see what happens. Uber and my pads got all the water spots off the windows and got them nice and clean and shiny! The owner of the car was amazed.

Before the hood:

The hood after, lots of defects are still visible but the shine and depth of color greatly enhanced:

Wolfgang Uber Compound, car polish, polishing compound