Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

97 Carbiolet electrical harness replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Default 97 Carbiolet electrical harness replacement?

hey guys and girls

im usually over on the porsche forums as i daily drive an 88 carrera coupe- but, i have a 97 audi cabriolet that has gone through major electrical trauma! the window, top, fan, etc were only working intermittently- steve taub audi in la worked on it, mickey moused it, and returned it to me. problems occured again so i took it to van nuys audi- their tech looked at it for 6 hours!!! and charged me nothing cause he couldn't find the problem other than the work had been done improperly and he felt so bad for me and even put it in writing on dealership letterhead etc- audi north america didn't care and said i had to suppor the dealership that did the original work etc and i was like "yeah, im taking it back to them" etc- of course days later they went out of business- audi took their franchise rights away just as porsche had 2 years prior for all sorts of misconducts- i miss my car and can't believe that in los angeles a dealer would do things like use old parts as "new" etc- i mean really, like there's not enough work in santa monica california for audi and porsche dealerships!

anyway, i am at the point of taking a low ball offer on my 78k black/tan cab which cant drive due to inop fan- windows and top are on again off again- etc.
how much will a full electrical harness replacement by a true pro run? i am faced with the choice to sell it cheap or fix it and enjoy it as one of the more unique and comfortable cabs in its range- i want to keep it but have spending limits- anyone? thanks!!!