Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Adding sub and amp to cabriolet

Old 01-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Default Adding sub and amp to cabriolet

First let me promise I've searched everywhere for answers to this. I know very well how to easily tap into the Bose amp line and add an amp and sub to beef up my mushy audio system. however, does anyone have any clever ideas for the Cabriolet? It has a much smaller trunk, the seats don't fold down, and I think some of the stereo stuff is mounted in a different place. If I was really creative, I'd build a sub into the ski passthrough like the new Mitsubishi Eclipse cars or somethings. That'd be cool.

Any thoughts or ideas? Also, feel free to respond with your for sale stuff if you think it will work. I'll be upgrading the the RNS-E shortly.
thanks!

brianjbirch@hotmail.com

Old 01-06-2007, 02:45 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Adding sub and amp to cabriolet

Post a pic of what you got going on in the trunk. Also are you going fiberglass or mdf.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Default RE: Adding sub and amp to cabriolet

I had two 12' woofers in my trunk tapped into my bose system for second amp with line level connection it was to much bass,weight,& space.I now have one 8' bazooka tube hooked up and its ok but not enough for my trunk.This may work for you I had this behind my seat in my Tacoma and it had good sound just enough in a small cab.A friend of mine had two 8' bazooka tubes behind his seats in his MR2 powered by Kenwood amp and it was one of the loudest clearest in car systems I've heard. I my self am going to leave my amp and mount some type of 6' or 8' enclosed woofers to the rear deck and remove old bose speakers in the deck.I'm doing this to be able to save space and use my trunk.I think eventually I'll replace with non-Bose system because I can't crank it up enough.