Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

avic d3 in a4 avant

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:13 PM
1st Gear
Default avic d3 in a4 avant

hey guys i have few questions maybey someone can help me out. I just did bought pionner two din and harnes and did everything that i was told to conect it and everything is fine but the only problem is that the rear speakers are not working the guy in the store told me i have to rewire the back one cause nobody makes 100% working harnes for (audi a4 avant with audi symphony).So my question is how to make the rear speaker work without rewireing if possible. If not can someone at least tell me whats the size of rear speakers in my car thx

Old 08-03-2007, 12:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: avic d3 in a4 avant

Hey man,
I put the Avic-D3 unit in my 04 A4 and was able to use all the factory wiring. You need to get an adapter to use the preouts to send the signals to the rear speakers. http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...A_70_1787.html
This is the one I used. This has to be used because the rear speakers are powered by the factory POS amp instead of the Head Unit. The connector works but I think the output voltage from the preouts is lower than what the symphony unit used so the rear speakers are definitely softer than the front. I've tried fading the music to the rear more to make up for this but the rear speakers are just being completely underpowered compared to the fronts. So long story short, although it "works" and i do get music out of the rear speakers, I am just going to run wires from the Avic HU to power the rear speakers directly once I find out where the hell the factory crossovers are. Anybody know?

Old 08-11-2007, 11:44 PM
1st Gear

thx for the hint i did it the easy way i changed the rear speakers with alpine type r and run them thru alpine amp now the sound is great i will post some pics of my custom instal off pionner avic d3 and 6X9 in rear door panels

Old 09-05-2007, 09:35 PM

any pictures yet?