Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

battery keep dying

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 05:39 PM
1st Gear
Default battery keep dying

This is my first time here, I have Audi A4 2009 Premium Plus
I have a battery problem for at least 6 months now.
I'll try to keep my story short
One day my battery was completely drained, AAA jumped me and suggested I should look into getting new battery. The battery was over 2 yrs old so I went to Interstate and got a new one. A week later the same thing happened, I went to my local shop to check the alternator which was fine. Recharged the battery and 1-2 weeks later battery dies again, my local mechanic said that I needed original Audi battery. Well I returned Interstate one and got Audi, they coded the battery to the car. 1 month later same thing, car completely dead although the batter lasted twice as long vs Interstate battery...
I drive the car on the daily basis and the battery gets drained overnight.
Went back to my mechanic and they said it's the radio, they took it out - sent it somewhere to fix putted back in and 2 weeks later dead again! They ordered new radio - 2 weeks later with the new radio and the car is completely dead ( they coded the radio to the car as well )
I was so frustrated, but my mechanic insisted he will still figure it out
We agreed he will keep it 1 week longer, I'm afraid I will have to take the car somewhere else and start all over again
I have no clue what's going on, the car was perfectly fine all the time ( only 60K miles on it ) and all the sudden this battery issue !
I will probably go to the Audi dealer or maybe another Audi certified mechanic ( there is one more in my area )

Please any advice, I'm desperate at this moment

Thank you all for any help

Old 01-04-2014, 10:03 PM
1st Gear

Have you ever noticed if your brake lights stay on after you park the car. I had a battery issue. Battery died overnight. Noticed brake lights on. It was a bad brake light switch. A $15 part, that sits in a clip right behind the brake pedal arm.