Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Best OEM double DIN unit for iPod + bluetooth

Old 12-21-2011, 10:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Best OEM double DIN unit for iPod + bluetooth

I have an 2004 A4 Quattro w/ Symphony (non Nav.) system.

Was looking at adapters, but after a bunch of research, thought a new head unit would be a better option than an individual iPod and bluetooth adapter.

So I'm looking for something that looks good (can change colours to match the red dash lights), will play/control my iPod and syncs with my phone via bluetooth.

Went to an audio shop and they recommended the JVC KW-XR810.
Found it online for $180ish. Only dislike is requiring the bluetooth dongle taking up one of the USB slots...

Would want something that's not too expensive (less than $300), and even better if it's easy to install myself... otherwise I'm going to get it installed somewhere...

Thoughts, recommendations, suggestions?

Old 12-26-2011, 01:35 AM
1st Gear

hi,here is the audi a4 dvd player with gps and bluetooth,it can change the color as red to match your car,but as you said $300 is too low...

Old 12-26-2011, 11:24 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the suggestion,
I was actually looking at the JVC KW-AVX740, and am probably going to get it. It does everything I want, and I read that it even syncs with my android for bluetooth GPS navigation...
AND I found it for only $349...

Anyone know what I need to install this deck? (harness, etc.)

Old 12-26-2011, 12:31 PM
1st Gear

I'm picking up the Grom Audio Ipod and Bluetooth adapter this week. ~$150 and connects to the stock unit if you haven't looked into it yet. I can let you know how it works a little later this week.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:54 PM
1st Gear

Please do!
I was looking into the DICE adapters earlier... but if that works well then I may forgo the full deck and do the basic adapter upgrade...

Old 12-26-2011, 09:53 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sawalski
Thanks for the suggestion,
I was actually looking at the JVC KW-AVX740, and am probably going to get it. It does everything I want, and I read that it even syncs with my android for bluetooth GPS navigation...
AND I found it for only $349...

Anyone know what I need to install this deck? (harness, etc.)
KW-AVX740 - this one is a universal double din dvd player,not for audi a4,so you need to cut the harness,and the size is not the same as your original cd player,correct?the most importance is that you need a can bus for your car,but this model KW-AVX740 come without can bus,you can check it.if no can bus,you will lost steering wheel control and many other original function as the original cd radio did,that's why I recommemd the one audi a4 gps with bluetooth for you,thanks!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:25 AM
1st Gear

I got the Grom adapter put in today. Had a heck of a time getting the radio out, got too excited and didn't RTFM. But finally got it all put in and tested it out. Runs music great through bluetooth, steering wheel controls for track skipping still work. The unit I bought also came with a stereo plug and that worked great as well, ran the cord through the glove box. Making calls works pretty well, it comes with a small microphone I installed just below the center heater vents. My only gripe so far is that I can't activate the iphones voice dialing through the steering wheel controls. But the track buttons on the steering wheel work to pick up and hang up from calls.