Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Damn stock speakers....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 03:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Damn stock speakers....

i have a symphony II in my B6 A4, but the maximum loudness is complete garbage...im at level 30 (max) and if the window is open, you can barely hear it
obviously im exagerating, but it really is not loud
my old alpine system on my maxima was 10 times louder, before it got stolen in queens, NY

what are my options as far as loudening the system? Do you think the stock speakers are fine, they are just not being fed enough power?
can i keep the system but change only the speakers? or do i need to change the whole thing?
im thinking something stock can be kept from this whole ordeal, or should everything be changed??

thanks fellas

Old 08-11-2006, 03:40 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Damn stock speakers....

are you deaf? hahaha, they go plenty loud for me. But then again, i do use an ipod

Old 08-11-2006, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

trust me bro, they are not loud
you have bose, or not?

Old 08-11-2006, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

I drive a 97 A4 2.8 with Bose and it sounds great.

If the selection from where you're from mirror's mine (as far as what's available from Rockford, Pioneer, Alpine, etc), then I would recommend going with some Rockford's if you listen to rock/non-bassy stuff and want crisp, clear audio, and Alpine's if you listen to rap/techno/anything with bass and want enough bass to give your girl a miscarriage. Obviously your budget will affect the performance of whatever you get, as well.

:shrug:

Old 08-11-2006, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

so that's pretty much my question, do i need to change my stereo face and the speakers and well?
or can i keep the speakers?

Old 08-11-2006, 04:26 PM

lol i jsut put my system in my 01 a4and it was thebiggestbitch in the world.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:30 PM
1st Gear

If you replaced the speakers, I'd recommend going the whole 9 yards and getting an amp (I would get an Alpine regardless of what else you put into your Audi) and at least one sub. I listen to Sublime and music of the type, and the sub I put in my Audi (one 10-inch Rockford Punch series, costed me about $200 for the sub and box, and $400 for the amp, which made a big difference in the sound output of the stock speakers).

If you just want more volume, maybe just an amp is for you. If that isn't good enough, it's the foundation for building a system (you need/want an amp to power 4 aftermarket speakers and a sub).

I know the basics on speakers, I'm no pro. If this didn't answer your question, rephrase it a bit so I can better understand it.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:34 PM
1st Gear

you have definitely been helpful by saying i may keep the stock speakers, just get an amp

that was the original question: if the amp makes the speakers louder (which I ultimately want), will the stock speakers be fine or will they "blow up" because they can't keep up with the amp?

but you seem to be saying the stock speakers can do the job.....

Old 08-11-2006, 04:39 PM
1st Gear

what's the dimension of the 4 speakers on the doors?
6 1/2 inches??? i spoke to my boy 5 min ago and he said speakers go for cheap...get the amp as well and i should be fine...

Old 08-11-2006, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

Get Focals they are the best

but thats if you got the money they are about 1200$ a pair and the new ones are almost $2,000

but i dont know what size you would need

Quick Reply: Damn stock speakers....