Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

fixed bad reception today

Old 09-29-2006, 11:58 PM
1st Gear
Default fixed bad reception today

Ok its friday night and I earned a few beers.My car an 2001 s4 has had shitty reception since i bought it two weeks ago. Today i got to trying to track down the problem.It had a code for open circuit on the attenna.So pulled the radio out,wich was about an hour of cursing the keys i bought for not woking, and the rest taking the knee bar out and prying the radio out with a screw driver,finally the radio came out.It had what seemed like a attenna adapter plugged in with a lengh of wire taped in the end.I found the orignal atenna wire plugged her in.Now i had NO repcetion.ok but at least i am back to sqaure one, i then found the atenna diversa thingy laying in the wheel well. seems some had un screwed and left it there for dead.With the radi on on i moved the wires around and found the coax to the going tradio had a bad connection,I called the dealer they had them in stock for 200$ ouch! Then I pulled the whole jack off the board trying to remove the plug.DOH! I took it apart soldered the jack back on the board and reinforced it with expoy.everything is nice and solid now.I intsalled it,.Bingo! I have better then expected reception,even on AM. Hell YEA!!!..I just wanted to share but youcan fix these things if your careful.
thanks people
PW