Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

How to be able to watch movie or tv while driving?

Old 09-11-2011, 11:25 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation How to be able to watch movie or tv while driving?

I just got a5 last week. My car have mmi, but the point is how can i watch movie or tv while im driving? Do i need to unlock? how? Someone told me that in order to unlock i need a code. If anyone have the code please let me know. THANKS

Old 09-12-2011, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by gto_krit
I just got a5 last week. My car have mmi, but the point is how can i watch movie or tv while im driving? Do i need to unlock? how? Someone told me that in order to unlock i need a code. If anyone have the code please let me know. THANKS
Not 100% on this but i believe ALL factory navigation units are locked (and unable to be unlocked) to play dvd's while driving. The only place that could POSSIBLY do it would be the dealership, and even then, what they would be doing is HIGHLY illegal in every state. I think you're going to be better off buying a new unit and wiring a by-pass through the new unit.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:25 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AudiGuest
Not 100% on this but i believe ALL factory navigation units are locked (and unable to be unlocked) to play dvd's while driving. The only place that could POSSIBLY do it would be the dealership, and even then, what they would be doing is HIGHLY illegal in every state. I think you're going to be better off buying a new unit and wiring a by-pass through the new unit.
Thanks for your information. But someone told me all i need is the CODE, in order to be able to watch dvd or tv while driving.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

Dont watch a movie will driving. Thats even dumber than texting while driving.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:50 PM
1st Gear

For your safe and other's. pls don't watch movie while you are driving, be concentrative!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2011, 03:27 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for your information. But someone told me all i need is the CODE, in order to be able to watch dvd or tv while driving.
I believe the only people who would have this information would be the dealership, who'm i doubt would be willing to give anyone that information....

I agree with the other guys in here, it is extremely unsafe, and illegal, to drive while watching a movie. Why do you think so many aftermarket units need to have a wire connected to the parking brake before you can watch a movie/tv.

If you do end up doing this, please let everyone in here know where you live so we can make sure to stay off the streets in that area.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:56 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AudiGuest
I believe the only people who would have this information would be the dealership, who'm i doubt would be willing to give anyone that information....

I agree with the other guys in here, it is extremely unsafe, and illegal, to drive while watching a movie. Why do you think so many aftermarket units need to have a wire connected to the parking brake before you can watch a movie/tv.

If you do end up doing this, please let everyone in here know where you live so we can make sure to stay off the streets in that area.
First of all you guy miss my intention, the reason i want to unlock mmi , not for myself (coz im alway driving) but for the passenger, So you guy dont need to be worry (but again thanks for your suggestion).

Old 09-15-2011, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

First of all you guy miss my intention, the reason i want to unlock mmi , not for myself (coz im alway driving) but for the passenger, So you guy dont need to be worry (but again thanks for your suggestion).
Still illegal and unsafe.

Tell your passenger to watch a movie on their ipod/iphone/whatever