Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Infinite Baffle Setup in B6 A4??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:43 AM
Default Infinite Baffle Setup in B6 A4??

Im lookin to install some pretty serious subs in my 02 A4.. I must say i love the look and practcallity of the infinte baffle install.. I know many say a slight sound quality decrease can be expected but at the same time im not looking to win any competitions with them..

I was curious if anyone has completed a setup such as this in a B6 A4 before and if so how it went? that and what kind of subs would you suggest??

Old 12-05-2007, 10:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Infinite Baffle Setup in B6 A4??

ORIGINAL: 02A4Turbo

Im lookin to install some pretty serious subs in my 02 A4.. I must say i love the look and practcallity of the infinte baffle install.. I know many say a slight sound quality decrease can be expected but at the same time im not looking to win any competitions with them..

I was curious if anyone has completed a setup such as this in a B6 A4 before and if so how it went? that and what kind of subs would you suggest??
There are countless benefits to doing an IB setup - and I stongly suggest every Audi sedan owner consider this option. Anyone that says there's a sound quality decrease, most likly didn't choose the optimal subwoofers, as some perform much better than others, OR didn't know how to "tune" them to the rest of the system. I'd argue that the overall resolution of the bass information and is greater with an IB subwoofer system. There's no "boom", and thus the phase relationship with your midbass driver's is more critical - if it's off, you're going to notice it more than with a boxed system. I strongly suggest your system have the ability to time align the speakers. Effectively, the "box" is removed and the motor is 100% responsible for controlling the cone of the speaker. Get as much cone surface area as you can.

www.imagedynamicsusa.com
www.ozaudio.com
www.criticalmassaudio.com - their SS series
www.jbl.com - their GTi series

Check out this thread I did in my 2000 S4:
https://www.audiforums.com/m_506535/tm.htm

Cheers,
Matt

Old 12-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Default RE: Infinite Baffle Setup in B6 A4??

Yeaa if im gunna do it i wanna get it done right... if thats the case im probably gunna go ahead and do that.. now you have any suggestions as to what kind of subs and what not i should get to optimise the setup??