Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Keep it or not ?

Old 08-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Default Keep it or not ?

I made the sub box this weekend but when i put the carpet on the sides are a little frayed since i didn't do it correctly i think. So i made these little bracket things out of some molding around the house and painted it red to match the sub and color of car.
Might be a little flairy or ricey.. let me know what you think.

Last edited by ooTToo; 08-27-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:39 AM

It doesn't look that bad, I like the nice touch of the red accents on the corners. What type of carpet did you use for the box.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:26 AM

It was from Home Depot.. some outdoor carpet. It is the thinnest they had and its flexy, unlike all the others so it would bend around the box

Old 08-28-2008, 01:54 AM
1st Gear

Nice to see a fellow Beef Lover

That looks sweet! One thing i was going to suggest is, if the carpet is nylon or similar, use a lighter to go around the edges, it'll stop all fraying. However I think that red accent looks AWESOME, and you should keep that. It looks similar to the accents that adorn my $200 box by Q.Logic, just red, which is a personal touch that goes with the car.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
1st Gear

In retrospect, I would have also touched up the metal of the outer ring on the speaker, but I don't know if that would really be noticable in the car. Enjoy!

Old 09-04-2008, 09:34 PM

As for keeping it or not, I think it will look alright given your woofer and car as long as you have a few other red accents inside.

If you decide you don't like it try building the next box with the sides set in 3/4 of an inch like this
Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 44
Size:  69.1 KB

That gives you a place to tuck the edges of the carpet into and staple so that the edges aren't visible. Just a tip for future reference.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:17 PM

yea i think that would have been better if i took the time to figure out how i was going to put it together.. I was all about getting the right cubic feet and when i went to put it together i just cut the lengths that i needed and didnt take in to count the putting together !

Im getting the wiring done this weekend so after its hooked up i'll put up a couple better pics.
If i like the amount of bass its putting out i would like to get a custom fiberglassed box.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:09 PM

If you want a box design I would be more then happy to put one together for you. I haven't spent a lot of time in my TT, as I just got it, but I think I still have a good idea as to what will work well in the car. PM if you would be interested in something like that.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:33 AM
2nd Gear

Go to walmart automotive section and pick up a roll of the auto carpet in black or gray. Its not expensive, and re-wrap the box. If you do it well you can do four sides without any seems. Roll the edges when you do need to join to unfinished edges and it will appear "finished".

Old 09-09-2008, 12:57 PM

I couldn't find any of that carpet at our Walmart.

Search this Thread