Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

MMI & Nokia 6700 Extended Features Not Working After Months of Perfect Use

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:30 AM
1st Gear
Default MMI & Nokia 6700 Extended Features Not Working After Months of Perfect Use

Hi,

I have an '09 A5 Sportback. I've been using my 6700 with the MMI system for a good 9 months, and it has always functioned fine. The other week it began to not store my recent call logs and phonebook access as usual. After I switch the ignition off, and start it up again, the entries are blank.

I can still make and receive calls perfectly well, it just seems to be the other features that access the other phone functions which have stopped working.

Garage would not help, as the phone is not officially supported for compatibility with the MMI, however plenty of people, including myself, use it fine.

Any ideas why it's suddenly stopped working?

I would consider seeing if it's worth upgrading the MMI firmware, but I don't understand why it would work fine for near on a year, and then die.

Cheers,

Andy