Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

New Audi -- need navi recommendations!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:18 PM
1st Gear
Default New Audi -- need navi recommendations!

Ok, I am new -- please be nice.

I just picked up a '10 A3 a few weeks ago...I am looking to maybe have navigation installed and I understand the OEM is pricey and not that great. I have never had a system in any of my cars so this is all new to me. Not to mention the dealer told me Audi doesn't warranty the audio/nav system, another reason not to buy OEM @ dealer, IMO.

I have integrated bluetooth already, and use it all the time. Here is what I had in mind in terms of features, don't need top-of-the line, and I have no clue what this + install would cost???:

- Touch Screen
- Stereo features (a given I would think since it's replacing stereo console)
- I would like to preserve steering wheel controls for volume, etc.
- Navigation (obviously)
- iPod integration (right now I just have the plug in the console, but radio display doesn't show any of the song/artist/playlist info.
- Bluetooth (would love to use BT from iPhone to play music/Pandora) - I have integrated BT already installed.
- Back up camera, not required -- but I suck at parallel parking so it probably wouldn't hurt
- I don't really care about DVD - if it is included at no additional cost, so be it.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Last edited by Lori socal; 03-13-2012 at 05:20 PM.