Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

"New-to-me" 2003 A6 - head unit replacement questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:57 AM
RTB
Default "New-to-me" 2003 A6 - head unit replacement questions

Hey all, I recently purchased a 2003 A6 3.0 Quattro and I'm loving the car but the stereo (non-Bose) leaves a lot to be desired.

So I'm shopping around Crutchfield and found a few new head units I like but I have a few questions...

If I replace the head unit what "features" of the car will I lose? For instance, the RDS displays in the instrument cluster on the factory radio - what will display there once I swap head units.

Also, does anyone have any pictures of aftermarket head units in a similar year A6? I'd love to see what they look like before taking the plunge.

Thanks

BTW - This is my first Audi ever so my apologies if I'm not 100% familiar with things.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:35 AM
1st Gear

Well i use to have an aftermarket 1 on my 2.7t and i loved it but my steering wheel command didn't work anymore along with the station indication on my instrument cluster didn't work either. Also since the germans are just sooo complicated, sound pro had to rewire all the speakers as well, something having to do with a different ohm pattern or so. I didn't believe them at first but i called around and they all said something very similar so that ran me a few extra dineros. Other than those problems listed...it worked like a champ and was happy with it