Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

No power going to radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 05:59 PM
1st Gear
Default No power going to radio

Hi all,

I have a 2004 A6 2.7T and a couple months ago I had to have the transmission replaced. While it was at the shop waiting to be repaired, it was sitting outside and when they went to get into it, the interior was flooded because of a bad seal in the windshield (I assume, never had this issue with it parked outside of my house).

After the transmission was replaced, I got the car back and the stock Audi Symphony radio was going in and out, which was never a problem before. I brought it back to the shop for them to look at and when I got it back the second time the radio was completely dead. They told me it was because of the water and that it was not their problem, so they would not fix it.

I recently took it to a car audio shop to see if the radio was just dead, or if there was a bigger issue. The gentleman that I spoke with took a look and I was informed that there was no power going into the radio at all, so the radio itself could be good, but there may be a loose connection somewhere/corrosion.

Has anyone ever had to deal with this before? I am making a 12+ hour trip soon, and I would like to have some music for the ride. All of the fuses that I looked at were good. Would rewiring it fix this problem, or will I have problems with the amplifier and speakers (guy at the audio store said that was a possibility).

Thanks