Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

is this possible

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Default is this possible

I have a 2001 a4 with the symphony head unit and the bose speakers. (8 speakers total) and i was looking around for my stock amp the other day, because i'm considering adding a sub to the car, but i couldn't find the amp. Is it possible that the person before me either totally eliminated the amp and hooked all the speaker wires directly to the head unit or just swapped amps for an aftermarket amp and then relocated it somewhere? i know the amp is supposed to be in the trunk on the left hand side. Am i just not looking hard enough, like is it really burried in there?, or if the stock amp isn't there then,would therehave to be an amp hooked up to it somewhere elsebecause of the fact that it's a bose and it needs an amp?,am i just not looking in the right spots... any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a tonnn.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Guru
Default RE: is this possible

on the '01 iirc the sub amp in on the driverside speaker.......

Old 04-09-2008, 02:57 PM

so where i would hook up my rca's for my amp... would be somewhere behind the drivers side door panel? what's iirc? i searched it but nothing of relevance came up

Old 04-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Guru

iirc = if i remeber correct

and alot of people with factory h/u's just tap into the rear speakers and use a converter to the amp

Old 05-03-2008, 03:56 PM

Just use a hi/lo level converter and tap into a rear speaker if your useing the amp for a sub