Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

RNS-E + Bluetooth + Sat + iPod!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 06:09 PM
1st Gear
Default RNS-E + Bluetooth + Sat + iPod!

Hi everyone,

I have a 2004 Audi allroad 4.2. I currently have the Symphony I head unit, XM radio (operative), and OnStar (which doesn't work due to analog-to-digital transition).

I am looking to get a NAV system (RNS-E). I also would like to replace the OnStar with Bluetooth. Of course, I would like to retain my XM Radio. And, if possible, I would like to add an iPod adapter. Phewww!

This is what I have learned so far in reading various threads/forums:
  • I can replace the Symphony I HU wth the RNS-E nav HU.
  • I believe I can use the existing XM satellite tuner box with the RNS-E. Have heard different answers.
  • I need to replace OnStar box under passenger seat with BT box.
  • I have no idea on iPod adapter. Don't know if it's possible. If so, I am guessing that it connects and acts like a CD changer and is plugged in where a CD changer would be plugged into on the RNS-E?

I got a comprehensive installation guide for the RNS-E and other components from TeddyBGame. I am just making sure that all the parts are readily obtainable and that they would work, either all together or just some of them. I can do without the iPod, but keeping Sat and adding BT would be nice, in addition to the nav installation.

Thanks for your help. Sorry if this is old news, but, like I said, I've seen so many puzzle pieces to my queries that I needed to make this one post so I don't end up getting something that negates something else. I have yet to see a forum post that addresses my entire wishlist.