Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

speaker question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:34 PM
1st Gear
Default speaker question

this maybe be kinda a repost (sry) did look around but want a clean answer...
the audi im lookin to get has a "blown" frunt spearker. (bose system) the dealer said if its a speaker he will replace but he said the last one he had do this was a amp. problem he said each speaker has its own amp. witch i didnt believe and from looking around on here its sounds like they dont and speakers are known to go i can see both rear speakers having a single amp. i just want a clear answer so as long as the car gets a o.k from a tech. ill get it but when i call back i wanna tell him if it dose or not so i dont hear well we cant do ne thing cause its an amp (witch he said if it is he wont do an amp) when their isnt one i wanna cut him off and not leave him that option to tell me one thing when its not

Old 02-04-2007, 09:06 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: speaker question

No if it is bose it will be running one amp for everything. Depending on what year and model. i can be anywhere from trunk, behinf dash/glove boc or even under passenger seat. However if it is only a blown speaker you dont have to touch the amp. Just have to get in there and swap out the speaker. If your looking to get a deal. tell him not to worry about it and take a couple $100's off and goto your local car audio place and get better speakers for cheaper. if not the same price.
Just my $0.02

Old 02-04-2007, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

its an 01 a4 and if their is only one speaker bad i dont think its an amp i would think it would affect all of them i just wanted to make sure b4 i hear ya its a bad amp. for that speaker im just tryin to get the upper hand on the dearship. thanks for the info

Old 02-05-2007, 02:08 AM
2nd Gear

Yea deff. one bad speaker can cause everything to screw up if it is grounding itself out then none of the speakers are working. IF the amp is clipping or not wokring properly then usually everything will go out . But if your turn the car on and there is no sound what so ever fomr that speaker or if it just cracks and sounds like garbage then you just need a new speaker. and the audi bose arent anyhting special, they are still paper and will sound like crap after 4-5 years depending on your climate. I would just goto local car audi store and pick up 4 speakers $50-100 a pair and have them installed, place like best buy or circuit city will charge about 80-120 for the install. So my opinion would be to get the dealer to take like 250-300 off the price of the car and you take care of the speakers your self. Just so u can have the upper hand when messing with the dealer.

Hope it helps- Good luck with it

-TK