Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Stereo for a MK1 TT Roadster?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 03:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Stereo for a MK1 TT Roadster?

The previous owner of my car, decided to remove the original concert radio, and put an aftermarket Alpine.

Beside that the radio is damaged (broken buttons and cracked display), they did also a mess with wiring, since fader front will result in sound coming from the back, and there is no subwoofer activity whatsoever (hopefully it didn't explode, I have no manuals so I don't even know where is it located).

So I am planning to buy a cheap radio, that has bluetooth, so I can have hands free capabilities and listen to music via pandora on my android device.

Could you suggest a radio that would work for sure with my 2001 TT Roadster? I have never replaced a stereo; always used the ones that came with the car, but this time I need to install one, so it will be a good learning experience.

I just need bluetooth and basic radio; I also would like to remove the cd changer in the back; which at this point is basically useless. I would love to have the whole radio there, and control it via bluetooth from my phone, so I don't even have to worry that someone wants to smash the glass to get the radio

Old 01-25-2015, 10:06 PM
1st Gear

I guess that either this is so easy that everyone know how to do it; and any radio works fine; or nobody even worry about replace their radio

I have removed the aftermarket that is in the car; and discovered that they made a mess with the wire. There are filters on RCA cables coming from the dash (which does not look like they were part of the original stereo), the original radio connector (i assume), was just throw back , and replaced with a ton of other wires.

I have no clue of what each of these wires do, I could just buy a radio and try to install it myself, but I believe this is better done by a competent car stereo guy.

I just have to figure out which radio to buy, but it seems that it won't really matter, after all, they all should fit I assume.