Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

subs??

Old 05-05-2006, 04:54 PM
1st Gear
Default subs??

I have an '97 Audi A4 1.8t, if that makes any difference. I have the "premium" sound system that comes stock. I would like to upgrade my car stereo with some new speakers and maybe a sbu-woofer or two. What materials to I need? What are the best Brands? How much would I expect to spend?

Old 05-05-2006, 04:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: subs??

wow since u dont know very much and it seems like you really dont even care to much, go to best buy and they will help you.
your going to need it professionally installed since you dont know whats even going on
ur questions are much to vague for anybody to give you any real advice
but IMO best subs are JL Audio and best amps are Phoenix Gold and the only headunits I feel that are worth the money are Alpine
im pretty sure audi's come with a amp that needs bypassed and all that fun stuff, so like i said, git it professionally installed

Old 05-30-2006, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: evl6096

wow since u dont know very much and it seems like you really dont even care to much, go to best buy and they will help you.
your going to need it professionally installed since you dont know whats even going on
ur questions are much to vague for anybody to give you any real advice
but IMO best subs are JL Audio and best amps are Phoenix Gold and the only headunits I feel that are worth the money are Alpine
im pretty sure audi's come with a amp that needs bypassed and all that fun stuff, so like i said, git it professionally installed
people these days... dont respect the sound gods... tisk tisk

Old 05-31-2006, 12:51 AM
3rd Gear

Phoenix Gold is a great brand but not worth all the money. Someone that wants a simple system with a little bit of power would do just fine with JL subs and amps. They make great amps. Alpine is by far the leading brand in head units. Just get a 10 inch JL W7 and a JL amp and you will not be dissapointed.

Perfect Set Up -

10w7

Amps

Head Unit

Just be sure to thank me...

Old 06-03-2006, 04:11 PM
1st Gear

this would be a much easier question to answer if we knew how much money you want to spend. Because everything the above poster just listed is quite expenisve and better or equal sound can be had for much cheaper

Old 06-12-2006, 05:45 AM
1st Gear

ok man here is the deal i have an A6 and i jsut found out i am adding a second child so i am going to be need more trunk space i will sell you my whole system shipped this includes the woofers in box and amp all with all paper work and booklets even the amp kit

but i need to knwo if you want to use a stock cd player or you are buying and aftermarket until

i have 2 15" audiobahn 1505s they cost 550 each brand new and an audiobahn 8000t amp 250 brand new and i will just through in the amp

i will sell you all this shipped for 650 let me know if you want to talk you can clal me 724-787-9997 leave me a messgae if i dont answer i will call you back asap

Old 06-15-2006, 04:19 AM
1st Gear

Cary is right man. Alpine and JL are the way to go for sure. They both have plenty of options from entry level to high end. so you wont really be dissapointed no matter how much you want to spend.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:25 PM
3rd Gear

to be honest I think even JL is over priced.. they are good not going to lie but there is better stuff out there for sure and some of it costs alot less.. that and the fact that everone and there mother has JL becasue tweeter sells the hell out of it.. it might be just me but I wouldnt buy any JL stuff just on the pure fact that to many poeple have it in thier car already.. plus to have really good SQ with jl you have to buy there higher end stuff. to be compleatly honest no speaker company these days really makes a good sub, or all around sub, its either SQ, or comp subs.. no more middle of the road stuff.. I use to love kicker when they were made in the US.. the comp Vr's were great for the money, the XPL's kciked *** and the Solo's where the best all around sub (the old round one's)
Mmats sells some good stuff, there subs are kick ***... it is a proven fact that most of the JL subs loose sq over time at a faster rate then most subs, there voice coils run hot and warp the speakers.. but the 10w7 is a nice speaker, it cost alot and needs crazy power which means big money....

Old 07-15-2006, 04:55 AM
1st Gear

i got some speakers and amp for sale.. msg me if interested Speakers & Amp FS

Old 07-16-2006, 03:18 PM
1st Gear

I just got 2 12" subs and a 1200w xplod amp + cap installed for like 700 bucks. ppl say sonny isnt good but im satisfied with the quality for 700 (box wiring all included at circuit city)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: subs??