Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Tach install NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 03:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Tach install NEED HELP!!!

I ordered my tach and my boost and fuel pressure gauges. Does anybody know how to get the dash apart in the audi tt? There isn't enough room to run all three gauges down the side a-pillar, so I want to put the two smaller gauges on the right side of the guage cluster, and the tach on the left, but I would have to run all the wiring through the dash. I have heard the best place to run the wiring through would be the vents on the center of the dash, but I really don't want to dismantle the entire dash to run a few wires unless I have some kind of guidline to follow. Please help.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Tach install NEED HELP!!!

Is there something wrong with your stock tach?

Old 09-07-2005, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

No just upgrading to somthing flashy that I can program to beep and flash when the optimum shift points are met. Plus, after all the work on the mustang, its nice to have a new project to start on, especially an Audi. I haven't seen a modified TT on the road yet, and I hope to make mine stand out.

Old 09-12-2005, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

I got the tach installed thanks to help from some guys at the TT car club of america forum. The tach signal wire is off the left harness of the ECU/ECM. Once I tapped into that, I just tapped power and illumination off of the instrument cluster panel and now the tach lights up whenever the gauge cluster does. It looks really sweet! I will have to post pics. The tach looks like it belongs in the car because the color scheme is right on, and the shift light even lights red to match the other interior lighting and gauges.

-Justin

Old 09-13-2005, 07:18 PM

Hey Folks!

So i'm kinda new here on this forum, without any audis at all but i think this topic fits my problem...
The thing is: I just got a set of gauges from a C5 platform audi +i dont know anything else than it must have been in a diesel (rev goes red at 4500) it has this long code just under the temp and fuel gauges: VDO 88 233 696 0035 a friend gave it to me and he had no car with it.. no tech info at all.. i only wanna find out the pin layout so i can modify it to fix it up my motorbike(i promise it will be the coolest dash ever) there are two 32-pin connectors, one is blue(rpm side) other one green. So if anyone can tell me what kind of signal is needed on which pins his kindness will never be forgotten!!! Any information(other than me being an ******* for not having an audi or any kind of car) is well appreciated and fxxn crucial! Thanks a lot:
MeHi from Hungary(where TT's are made)