Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Using the factory GPS and Sirius with Pioneer Head unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:36 PM
1st Gear
Default Using the factory GPS and Sirius with Pioneer Head unit

Hey Guys,
New to the Forum and Im sure im asking a question that has been asked before, so sorry in advance.
I have a 2008 S4 with RSN E Bose, Sirius, Ipod, and Bluetooth. I am currently in the process of buying a Pioneer Avic Z130bt with sirus, ipod, steering wheel controls all the bells and wistles. I have been reading that i can integrate the use of the "shark fin" gps cable and sirius cable with the aftermarket (pioneer) units. I would truly like to keep those pioneer sat antennas off my dash if possible. Now i have seen some write ups on b6 a4's and mostly people doing conversions from symphonyto RSN E but I cant seem to find a write up on what exactly to get to make my setup work (ex. what fakras connectors to use, extension cables etc..) First off is it possible and if so, could anyone supply a list of parts of what I would need. I work at a Porsche dealer and also have the audi line as well so if any factory parts are needed they are pretty easy for me to get. Thanks in advance for all the help!