Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

What gives with the Bose system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:02 PM
1st Gear
Default What gives with the Bose system?

I've heard many Audi owners claim that their Bose system in their car is wonderful sounding. That the Bose sub provided great lows and high bass and the fullrange speakers in the doors were top notch for clear mids and highs...

I just got a 2003 A4 with the Bose system in it and you can barely hear the sub in the back unless you stick your head in the back window. I removed the cover on the back dash and made sure the sub was working and it is... but it's not loud by any means. Also, the door speakers are far from "top notch". They're pretty average... Not outstanding highs or mids but not much distortion.

Is it just me, or is this system not as great as everyone makes it out to be?

Old 07-07-2006, 08:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: What gives with the Bose system?

bose in general sucks for future reference its all about personal preference ...i personally have never like anything bose has made be it for home or incar

Old 07-07-2006, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

See, I own a Bose Wave Radio and I must say, it's very nice... That thing has like 3 times the bass response than the 8" sub in the car right now! And the wave radio is a tiny little unit!

I heard a Bose system in a friend Infinity and it sounded MUCH better than what I have in my Audi right now... I just don't get it.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

I think I figured out where the bad sound comes from... The speaker up on the front dash board. That thing sounds like it's in a can.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:03 PM
3rd Gear

some older bose home audi stuff is great.. i have to 701's and the sound mint

Old 07-11-2006, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

reading some of the bose technical information they openly admit that alot of their high end home audio equipment doesnt cover a large section of the audible spectrum. Quick example
BOSE AM-15 System MSRP $1,399
SATELLITES
Frequency Response:..... 280 Hz to 13.3 kHz ±10.5 dB
BASS MODULE
Frequency Response:.... 46 Hz to 202 Hz ±2.3 dB

so it plays the most "sensitive" frequencies and not very smoothly i might add based on the ±10.5 dB tolerance.

and also see that the lowest frequency of the subwoofer does not meet that of the satelites leaving a hole in played frequencies.

now im not sure if this holds true for their in car stuff as i cannot find any documentation on such things but i figure it cant be too far off seeing as the majority of their R&D is spent on home audio and this is the product of that hard work

Old 07-14-2006, 04:13 AM
1st Gear

No highs, no lows, must be Blose...

Old 07-14-2006, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

truer words have nevern been spoken

Old 07-14-2006, 10:55 PM

blew out my passenger side door speaker- already have kenwood ez500 head unit to a 1400d amp to 2 JL 12W0's- anyone have any suggestions. Im willing to replace all the speakers with a 4 channel amp and ill prolly need a capacitor - any ideas? suggestions?

Old 07-14-2006, 11:56 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bashbro

blew out my passenger side door speaker- already have kenwood ez500 head unit to a 1400d amp to 2 JL 12W0's- anyone have any suggestions. Im willing to replace all the speakers with a 4 channel amp and ill prolly need a capacitor - any ideas? suggestions?
how much money are you trying to spend cap is not going to be necessary. what size are the speakers are you looking for.... details foo?

Quick Reply: What gives with the Bose system?