Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Anyone on here running mud flaps?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 03:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Anyone on here running mud flaps?

I've only seen one Audi running mud flaps up in northern MI, it was a wagon and I really liked how it looked. I haven't been able to find any Audi specific kits unfortunately.
So who on here has (aftermarket) mud flaps? What brand and how do you like them?

Old 01-23-2012, 03:26 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

my A6 kind of has little stocker flaps that fit into the bottom of the wheel well liners. a couple of other guys here have either bought generics and cut them to fit and bolted them to the wheel well liners. some others have had even purchased those flexible cutting boards and trimmed them up to fit.

I'm not personally aware of a specific Audi mud flap kit, but I suspect there is something out there...

Old 01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Guru

I bet you could check the dealer for them, but a search of the interwebz would net some results.

I personally don't but I do really dig them for the Avants(not wagon). Toyed w/ the idea of adding them to the sedan.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I've been thinking about ordering some generic rally armor flaps & trimming to fit. I'd like to get the car set up with a roof rack & flaps I think it would look great. And my apologies on the wagon/avant wordage hahah

Old 01-25-2012, 05:39 PM
4th Gear
Old 01-25-2012, 09:07 PM
1st Gear

I appreciate the link. Though that ad doesn't have a picture, I'm looking for (somewhat) large mud flaps. Like you see with the rally armors on subarus. I live in the back country of Michigan so slamming and turning my car into a road queen isn't an option for me. I'm going to go for the off road(ish) look. Roof rack & mud flaps I'm thinking should accomplish this for me. Any suggestions/comments are appreciated on my quest for flaps hah

Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 AM
4th Gear

if u are looking for that large of mud flaps why not go down to a tractor trailor shop and scoop up some of those?
Dont mean to sound like an *** just saying though. Im pretty sure the audi engineers considered the amount of mud that would be slung in our awd cars and the would make sure those mudflaps protect the car from muddy rocky roads. Also door blades help keep mudd of the sides of the car also. Our cars our designed to be driven in europe where the infrastructure isnt as good as here in the states thus not as many paved roads our in rurual areas.

Last edited by pa4ul; 01-26-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:46 AM
1st Gear

hey i got pics of my winter setup. its a pearl white a4 b5 with red rally armors. please dont give me sh*t lol i only got the rally armors because they look decent and were cheapest i could find. i dont have a whole lot of money right now and i cannot find any oem flaps for cheap so these went on. i found these on craigslist, otherwise if i bought them new i would have went with black but oh well the reds look decent to me and they do help out for me. i live in oregon, so far weve had flooding, ice and snow and dirt is everywhere on the roads so these do help out a lot!

first pic is of a flooded road for proof and my rally armors....

Name:  IMG_0291.jpg
Views: 1826
Size:  116.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0288.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  145.7 KB

this pic you can see where i screwed them in. i didnt use the clips it came with just screwed them in and they stay on tight

Name:  IMG_0284.jpg
Views: 3283
Size:  106.2 KB

my friend made me this oregon metal cut out and it says illest on it pretty dope

Name:  071-1.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  57.0 KB

Name:  058.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  65.4 KB

Old 01-29-2012, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

This is great man honestly that's just what I've been looking for. I've been looking at getting the rally armors, but haven't been able to part with the money for them hah. I guess I'll start looking for them on craigslist. Could you shoot me some pictures of how you did the rear flaps? The way the bumper and rear quarters stick out further than the wheel well had me stumped on how to go about cutting and mounting them. And what screws/washer set up did you go with?

And by the way that plate is damn cool

Old 01-30-2012, 06:17 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Silvers
This is great man honestly that's just what I've been looking for. I've been looking at getting the rally armors, but haven't been able to part with the money for them hah. I guess I'll start looking for them on craigslist. Could you shoot me some pictures of how you did the rear flaps? The way the bumper and rear quarters stick out further than the wheel well had me stumped on how to go about cutting and mounting them. And what screws/washer set up did you go with?

And by the way that plate is damn cool
hey i got these from a dude who had a STi, it wasnt even universal. what i did was lined them up where i wanted and screwed them straight into the wheel well. i didnt use washers or the clips that they should come with. and trust me they are screwed in and arent going anywhere. i was just on these gravel roads the other day rippin it up and amateur rallying you could call it haha and these work soooo nice dont move at all and stay nice in place. so yea like i said i just screwed them in heres a picture. oh and make sure you have a friend who can help stand behind the car to tell how straight or off the flaps might be and just correct it untill its perfect, then screw them in heres pics...

ok well i lied i just remember i used the little rubber washers they come with and the screws and that was it. i just put them where i wanted and drilled new holes, the subaru or evo or even universals wont have holes in right spots so you gotta make your own.

here is the front flaps. both sides are same obv.

Name:  IMG_0295.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  58.4 KB

and here is the backs

Name:  IMG_0296.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  51.6 KB

trust me...they hold up well just got muddy, dirty and dusty haha.