Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Cover my car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:35 AM
1st Gear
Default Cover my car?

So I will be going off to college next month and for some odd reason they won't let me park my TT in the dorms EVEN though I told them she was very little and would probably fit in the utility elevators to get up to my room

I am going to be parking her in a parking garage on campus and I've been reading on here that car covers might leave swirls and nasty marks. Should I just leave my car without a cover or are there any lightweight covers that work well?

Old 08-03-2008, 01:08 PM
3rd Gear

Eh dont go cheap...
I used a cheap $40 cover for my ride works fine for dust and pollen and breaths well witch is good......but
when it rained everything on the cover would soak through onto the car and the cover would stick to the car making it more dirty than if it was just dusty then rained after that the cover needs to be washed about everytime it rains because the cover traps the dirt and probly wont be good for paint....

so if its not gonna rain you might be fine make sure you wax car before you store it with a cover for a long time that will give you some protection from anything that gets through the cover and the cover itself.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:45 AM
1st Gear

They have some decent ones from empire. their website has a computer generation tool so you can see what the cover looks like on and off the car pretty cool.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com/