Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Europlates

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 05:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Europlates

I was thinking of getting a german style plate for the front of my car. Its a nice flashy way to add 20hp to my car.

I don't know what it should say?
something funny ?
my real plate # (indiana has back plates) ?
authentic german style plate # ?

Old 08-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Europlates

You could go with your S/N, if you don't mind EVERYBODY knowing that you go by Chingy....

Or, you could do as several of our AF members have done and replicate your rear plate # on your front plate. In a "rear-only" state, that should get noticed (in a good way) by lots of law-enforcement types. Might get you an occassional free-pass, if you know what I mean, with your local 5-O.

Or, you could, when you click on the sponsored link (hint-hint), have Matt, or MattMann Enterproses, do you up an authrntic looking German plate with "IN" (for Ingolstadt) as the "Stadt" (state) name, and a random letters - numbers combo similiar to German plates, and tryN convince EVERYbody you picked your ride up IN Germany...

Or, go with any of the sure to be inferior suggestions provided by the rest of teh AF population

Old 08-11-2006, 05:52 PM
1st Gear

Matts site is where i was looking at. I was leaning toward the IN ####, but haven't decided on the numbers yet. You can put 9 digits on it so my ssn would work great there. Thanks for the input.

What does it matter to the 5-0 if the plate numbers match?

I just bought a bra for it too. I go home for the holidays sometimes 5hr trip and when i get there my car is more yellow than white on the front. Not to mention it takes 2-3 washes with bug remover to get all those bugs de-glued from it. [:'(]

Next upgrade: FOP sticker, should this go in the rear window or that tiny side window?

Old 08-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Chingy

Matts site is where i was looking at. I was leaning toward the IN ####, but haven't decided on the numbers yet. You can put 9 digits on it so my ssn would work great there. Thanks for the input.

What does it matter to the 5-0 if the plate numbers match?

I just bought a bra for it too. I go home for the holidays sometimes 5hr trip and when i get there my car is more yellow than white on the front. Not to mention it takes 2-3 washes with bug remover to get all those bugs de-glued from it. [:'(]

Next upgrade: FOP sticker, should this go in the rear window or that tiny side window?

Don't forget to mention, when you do your order, that you followed the link from AF. You've got 9 characters total, if you get the Blue Euro sticker, 10 without. If you go with the German convention, IN:**-### (where * = letter and # = number), you can pick your own or let Matt gen one up for you... I don't think I'd go putting my SSN on my plate, however.

Doesn't matter to 5-O if teh plates match, in a rear-only state. I've just heard of peeps gettin props (and an occassional "off-with-a-warning" when they do), butthat was in front/rear states.

FOP sticker works, IMHO. Got mine in the rear-drivers' upper corner, with room for subsiquent stickers underneath. Best $35.00 MOD I've ever spent

Old 08-12-2006, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

Of course I wouldn't put my ssn on there. was j/k about that

Old 08-15-2006, 11:10 PM
1st Gear

wen i get mine, im just goin put the same letters/#s has my back plate

Old 08-29-2006, 05:19 AM
1st Gear

I have a plate on the front of my car from Wolfsburg (I had it on my jetta YEARS ago) and I get stopped by so many people thinking the car came straight from Germany.....like it somehow makes a difference that the car came from Germany with a plate or bought at a dealer in the states....lol....

Old 09-25-2006, 10:40 PM
1st Gear

my first euro plate was my plate numbers that are on the back plate (although i'm in MA and need a front plate,no one said anything for a whole year) now i have one saying [MA-S4 270] you can get them cheap at licenseplates.tv

Old 09-27-2006, 07:47 PM
2nd Gear

Or you can go with something like what I have on my ride!

Old 09-29-2006, 06:45 AM
2nd Gear

got mine from mattan enterprises coudnt be more happy came the next day and it was exactly what I wanted