Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Help (insurance problem)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 PM
1st Gear
Default Help (insurance problem)

I have a 1997 audi a6. I did the all regular maintenance and the car was working very well until last Tuesday. It was raining very hard during the night. So the water came into my car and damaged the computer. I had the comprehensive insurance from Geico. They checked my car today and found there are a lot of leaf in the hood. The water had nowhere to go except the inside.

Geico told me this is not covered by the comprehensive policy because it is not caused by flood. They only cover the damage caused by flood. I don't understand. When I bought it, they told me it would cover everything. Now I need them to help, they said we could do anything. This is really bad.

So what can I do now? Can I argue with them about it? I really appreciated your advice. Thank you so much in advance!!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 AM
1st Gear

There was a recall because of a class action law suit about the draining because of debris getting stuck and causing water to fry the ecu. You might want to do a little research on that but I don't know if it will help your case at all now.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:45 AM
1st Gear

Check out this thread:
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=150374

It says it covers the fix for the repair but I don't know if you are out of the time frame or not yet.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:30 AM
4th Gear

fyi geico wont pay or help you out in anyway. Trust me. They wont budge. But if u wanted to be a smart *** ask them if they offer flood insurance on your car. how excatly did water come into your car. Was is flooding and it rised up. If so u can probably file a claim through your homeowners.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

The debris got stuck. There was a big rain during the night and the water get into the car. I had the comprehensive insurance for my car and Geico told me they only cover the flood. They think this is a mechanical problem and it's my responsibility to fix it. I totally don't understand. I did all the regular maintenance for my car and it's running very well. Nobody told me I need to clean it. If there is no rain, my car should be very good.

So how can I argue with them?

Thanks!
Chengh

Originally Posted by pa4ul
fyi geico wont pay or help you out in anyway. Trust me. They wont budge. But if u wanted to be a smart *** ask them if they offer flood insurance on your car. how excatly did water come into your car. Was is flooding and it rised up. If so u can probably file a claim through your homeowners.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:01 PM
1st Gear

I did some research and called Water Ingress Administrator. They said my car is not including in this settlement. They can do it for 1997 audi a6 C4, not a6 quattro. This is really weird to me. So I think I can not do anything except fix it.

Thanks anyway for your help. I really appreciate it.

Cheng

Originally Posted by peeties
There was a recall because of a class action law suit about the draining because of debris getting stuck and causing water to fry the ecu. You might want to do a little research on that but I don't know if it will help your case at all now.