Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the new forums here.

EPC Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 01:18 AM
1st Gear
Default EPC Light

I have my 3rd appt with Audi to figure out why my epc light and the light that shows the car and tire treads keeps coming on together and seems to have power loss. When I turn the car off and restart they are gone but inevitably it happens again.

The dealer says no codes show up on the computer that looks for faults.

Can anyone help give me some ideas to suggest to them this time?

Old 01-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Senior Administrator

What Audi do you drive? What year is your car? What were you doing, driving-wise, when teh issue first presented itself? What have you done, besides cycling it on & off, to correct the problem? What have the dealers you've taken it to done, that you are aware of? Do you have any HAWT females in your immediate family (Mom/Sister/Cousin/etc.)?!?!?

Old 01-29-2011, 01:09 PM
1st Gear
Default EPC light

I drive a 2008 Adi A4 Quattro. It has 27,000 miles.
So far the dealer has told me their computer has not picked up any faults so they haven't done anything yet.
I have another appt this week and I'm not taking the car back unless they try something.

It happened 3 more times this week and now I took pics of the dash to show them the lights on, the speed I was going, the rpms etc.

Thankfully it has not stopped working at all yet but based on some other comments on the internet I see it has totally died for other people.

I caused it once to happen by stepping hard on the gas... It revved up the engine then just got sort of caught there and the lights came on.

I had reduced power and no pickup after that the whole time I drove with the lights on.
I tried switching to manual via the triptronic but that didn't change anything.

It also seems like the transmission or something is making a clunking sound when I am stopped when those lights are on. It does not happen at all when the lights are not on and running normally.

Can you suggest somethings for the audi dealer to test manually without relying on any fault lights via the computer scan?

I live 70 miles from my dealer and I am not comfortable driving until this is fixed.

Thanks for your suggestions.

PS- I didn't understand the last line about any other "HAWK" family members.. I don't know what that is.
Robin