Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the new forums here.

how to become a mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Guru
Default how to become a mod

i have asked in the past about multiple threads same title, spammers and so forth..... i like this forum alot, but there are 3 or 4 threads right now by 2 or 3 guys, 1 has two threads going all in the same forum, so that tells me those guys didn't search and the one guy decided to make a whole new thread v asking the question in his old thread

how can i become a mod, if nothing else i see spammers hitting this forum alot, and i can compile the "multiple" threads.....

pm me with response as i probably won't see this thread

Old 06-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Senior Administrator

Jeff,

Part of the problem, lately, has been that there were some problems with the forums infrastructure that very limited the Mods & Admins abilities to police the place. The issues seem to have been resolved, so we can get back to doin what we do.

In the top corner of every post is a button/icon (yellow triangle) where you can flag a post. It sends a notice to the Mods/Admins group and, in theory anyway, one or more of us will take a look at it and act accordingly. Spam, flames, inappropriate words or pictures... Let us know, by ALL means.

To *become* a Mod you basically hafta show that you care about the forum and its members. Then, next time word goes out among the Mods & Admins that we need more help (due to attrition, usually), someone'll toss your name in the ring and one of the Admins'll get in touch with you. If you're interested, at that time, you're in.

You'll get a secret decoder-ring, a helmet, and an actual, working Star-Trek Phaser (ummm... Type-1, the discontinued model. Type-II's are still too expensive) to assist you in performing your duties.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Senior Administrator

Jeff,

Part of the problem, lately, has been that there were some problems with the forums infrastructure that very limited the Mods & Admins abilities to police the place. The issues seem to have been resolved, so we can get back to doin what we do.

In the top corner of every post is a button/icon (yellow triangle) where you can flag a post. It sends a notice to the Mods/Admins group and, in theory anyway, one or more of us will take a look at it and act accordingly. Spam, flames, inappropriate words or pictures... Let us know, by ALL means.

To *become* a Mod you basically hafta show that you care about the forum and its members. Then, next time word goes out among the Mods & Admins that we need more help (due to attrition, usually), someone'll toss your name in the ring and one of the Admins'll get in touch with you. If you're interested, at that time, you're in.

You'll get a secret decoder-ring, a helmet, and an actual, working Star-Trek Phaser (ummm... Type-1, the discontinued model. Type-II's are still too expensive) to assist you in performing your duties.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Guru

thanks for the clarification, and i have been using that functions since you let me know about it last time, just seemed like no one was doing anything..... and this explantion helps

if you guys need someone, no need to ask, i'll be there

Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Senior Administrator

Well, we hafta ask... Otherwise, unless you're in the habit of checking whether or not you've been elevated to Mod-status everytime you logon, you'll not know WHEN it happend... IF/when it happens.

The prollems we had pretty much limited us ALL to the most basic of functions (without going into any detail). We're better, now, so you should see a marked improvement.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Guru

can we get a build section?

and i always look at peoples "status"

i think members with 100 posts should not be senior members.... where that should come in, not sure, i think time on the forums should have something to do with it too

misinformation from someone with senior status to a newb is gospel, you know?